The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Decisive - All Access

D

dontedecisive

Hey folks,

Donte here from Decisive. I'm opening up this thread to field all of your questions, concerns, rants, etc. about our platform. Basically anything related to Decisive should come here for me to give you a response. It'll take me a maximum of 2 days to get back to you, so work with me. I'm excited to interact with you all!

If you haven't done so already, check out our platform.

If you want to know how to get started, take a look at our tutorial.

Lastly, follow us on the web:

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
YouTube

We're also revamping our whole site and adding some new features within the next three months. Stay tuned.

Hey Donte,

I got two questions for ya:

1. Your documentation lists "Low Account Balance" as a reason for low traffic. Say I have an ad with daily limit as 10$. Will my traffic be different when my account balance is 500$ and when my balance is 40$?

2. Since Decisive doesnt have a way to target based on keywords, suppose I start an ad with no filters chosen in "Audience", will Decisive bid on all the Apps and Sites available at that point? Or does that depend on your spend settings?

Thanks in advance.

Hello captain47,

1) There are many things that affect the amount of traffic you get all at once. If your account balance is nearing zero, the bidding will slow down. This is also the case for a low daily limit. If you had a $10 daily limit and we had no way to control it, your money would be spent within a minute!

2) We will actually be implementing keyword targeting by the end of the year. For now, if you leave your campaign wide open with no targeting, the system will bid on all apps and sites for the country you choose. However, if you use Smart CPM, it'll be more strategic with the placements it bids on.

I hope this helps!

Hello Donte,
I have already signed up but my account is still inactive. Could you tell me how to active my account?
Thanks in advance.

@cornwaste What's your username and when did you sign up?

@amigous In terms of performance, what's been working on our platform lately are contests and freebies, social app installs (e.g. WhatsApp), utility app installs, and video game app installs. We encourage everyone to submit branded campaigns to open your campaigns up to more high quality traffic.

@cornwaste What's your username and when did you sign up?

@amigous In terms of performance, what's been working on our platform lately are contests and freebies, social app installs (e.g. WhatsApp), utility app installs, and video game app installs. We encourage everyone to submit branded campaigns to open your campaigns up to more high quality traffic.

"We encourage everyone to submit branded campaigns to open your campaigns up to more high quality traffic."
could understand the last part, could you explain plz?

We encourage everyone to submit branded campaigns to open your campaigns up to more high quality traffic.

Donte,

Does this mean that a Branded campaign with Branded banners and Landing Pages are shown to a different audience as compared to an unbranded one even if they are both set as RON without any targeting? Is this something you guys do at the time of approving the Ad?

Last edited:
Everyone's ads get shown to the same audience. In the last two months, we've added more traffic, and some publishers don't allow certain types of campaigns and creatives. Branded campaigns and campaigns with high quality creatives that lead to app stores are more widely accepted.

Just to be clear, it's not like we're taking about premium vs. non-premium. There's no real way to tell if traffic is BETTER, but there's definitely more out there that can be taken advantage of.

Take a look at our ad policies. Following these will basically help get more traffic.

http://help.decisive.is/knowledgebase/articles/370444-common-ad-rejection-reasons
Banner Animation Policy – Documentation

My experience with decisive was not that great. Mostly direct linked to google play. Hate the ad reviewing process, since its so strict and only during office hours. The site traffic honestly don't convert that well.

@sleenirvana Sorry for your troubles. We will be making the ad approval process faster in the coming months. Right now, we have a small team that does them, and each ad has to align with our policies and the policies of our traffic partners to not disrupt the end user.

I hope you'll reconsider us in the future!

Hey folks,

Today, we're announcing our developer API. If you're interested, sign up here to receive an invitation when it launches! Tell it to all your developer friends!

Hey Folks!

Long time no see. I know learning mobile can be frustrating as hell, and you can lose a lot of money if you're not well-informed. I ran a campaign myself on Decisive last week. While it wasn't crazy successful, I mention a few good tips and info in this blog post that I think can help all of your campaigns

Check it out!

My $300 App Install Campaign On Decisive

Hey Folks!

Long time no see. I know learning mobile can be frustrating as hell, and you can lose a lot of money if you're not well-informed. I ran a campaign myself on Decisive last week. While it wasn't crazy successful, I mention a few good tips and info in this blog post that I think can help all of your campaigns

Check it out!

My $300 App Install Campaign On Decisive

So 300$ - 4 Conversions. I am assuming the payout was less than $2.5 per conversion. And I honestly feel like you spent too much to see if the creatives/campaign was working.

Donte, As an insider, dont you have access to the creatives from all the successful campaigns in Decisive? You could have modelled upon the creatives that bring crazy CTR. Your CTR was way too low. I mean, 0.08%?

I expected much better results from an insider tbh. And makes me feel a little better because I have had better campaigns on your platform.

Decisive was my first love and like all first loves, she is special to me.

@captain47 Running this campaign as an insider would've been cheating. I have more integrity than that. :) I wanted to approach it as someone who doesn't have inside knowledge.

And I started spending a lot of my time blacklisting placements that were spending too much instead drilling down on creatives.

$300 may be too much for a simple test of creatives, but I find that some people would just deposit the minimum ($100) and complain about not seeing good results. $100 won't get you too far, even though I had 3 conversions with my first $100.

I surely hope your campaigns are doing or have done better!

I see your point.

$300 may be too much for a simple test of creatives, but I find that some people would just deposit the minimum ($100) and complain about not seeing good results. $100 won't get you too far, even though I had 3 conversions with my first $100.

But if someone spends 100$ and do not see a single conversion, there isn't much to optimize on at that point other than to start over. Of course, you cant expect a profit. If it worked that way, we would all be fuckin millionaires!

What service do you all use to create landing pages for your campaigns?

I've been using Unbounce for a while. Here's how to design a mobile landing page in Unbounce. I've also included a free template that I designed in the walkthrough.

Check it out here!

banners
Back