The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Crypto manipulation scams

Graybeard

This looks like a classic pump and dump;
>>>
“One of the SEC’s top worries is that crypto is subject to manipulation. This study appears to lend credibility to that argument,” Cowen analyst Jaret Seiberg said in a note on Monday.

The study comes after an analysis published in March found that 95% bitcoin spot trading is faked. The survey, created by cryptocurrency asset manager Bitwise for the SEC, found that only $273 million of about $6 billion in average daily bitcoin volume was legitimate.

Cowen said Griffin and Shams’ study will likely add even more scrutiny of bitcoin and cryptocurrency at large, especially from regulators and lawmakers.

“We see this as further souring Washington on crypto and believe it is negative for efforts to launch crypto ETFs and for Facebook to launch Libra,” Seiberg added.<<<

A single anonymous market manipulator caused bitcoin to top $20,000 two years ago, study shows
full article

I don't know much about crypto currency but the possibility of it being manipulated doesn't really surprise me. I suppose because it's invisible, intangible.

My uneducated perspective, of course.

When you sit down to a crooked card game you had best know who the players are and what they may be capable of ;)

Last edited:
I don't know much about crypto currency but the possibility of it being manipulated doesn't really surprise me. I suppose because it's invisible, intangible.

My uneducated perspective, of course.
Oh? it's news? Once I set my eyes on it on 2016? I knew what it is. PS4 GAME. but instead of pad as controller,

you got the institution whales as controller, and instead of cables broadcast current to ps4, you got the media

broadcast FOMO to the people which leads to when bear and when bull.

But with funds, I prefer Power To The People, To Power To The Government

Its the market that can be manipulated but I don't think it can be done alone. Many of the traders will go bid and ask for prices they desire to which they will profit so naturally they will bid or ask for higher target price making BTC price go up. And because of the limited supply of coins prices go up as demands grow.

As someone who is heavily into crypto, it always amuses me when people point out that crypto can be manipulated, as if that is some great threat. Yes cryptocurrecy can be manipulated. This is no great secret.

The thing is, whereas crypto can be manipulated, fiat currency is 100% without any doubt manipulated. One cannot even argue this as it is an absolute fact. The biggest difference is who is doing the manipulation.

Raising and lowering debt ceilings is something done by pretty much every government in the world. Raising and lowering interest rates is done by every central bank in the world. These manipulations are both accepted and welcomed by everyone. Forex traders watch for these manipulations so they can maximize their profits when trading.

So overall I think pointing out that cryptocurrency can be manipulaed is nothing more than a scare tactic used by those who don't believe in cryptocurrency.

As pointed out, the value and buying power of ALL CURRENCY is manipulated be it fiat currency, precious metals, or crypocurrency. There is no avoiding currency manipulation.

The Yellow line was ^VIX today Markets are a zero sum game -ALWAYS
upload_2020-3-9_17-22-48.png

Who cares about years --what's your argument?
^VIX is a volatility play. An index derivative.
You don't hodl in VIX you scalp --unless you don't know what you are doing.
Accurate, ROFLMAO I am charting volatility ratios ... @epoch 5~ min random
Who cares about the historicals?

what's your argument?
I am charting volatility ratios ... @epoch 5~ min random
Who cares about the historicals?

Thats for making that clear. The top crypto's like bitcoin, actually rarely fluctuate. For the most part of any given 5 minute span they are stable. Occasionally they have massive spikes going up or going down, but for the most part they are actually stable. On an average day bitcoin will change less than 2% - its those non-average days that it jumps by hundreds of percents or drops of double digit percentages that make people call it volatile. If we are only comparing 5 minute spams however, it usually doesn't move much at all. Jan 2018 it tanked to $3500. It bounced back to $5000, and stayed at that rate for the better part of 2018. In 2019 there were I think around 3 weeks where it jumped to around $7500 then it stabled out again. It stayed at roughly $7500 until 2020. Against 2% give or take in any given month is par for the course of any currency. the difference is 2% of a dollar is $0.02 and 2% of $7500 is $150. So with the exception of a few jumps up or down, it stays in the same 2% margin as fiat currency. Its only when you step outside of that 5 minute frame and look at the big picture do you really see any significant changes.

If there is a way to securely scalp crypto; by scalp, I mean over a few hours of one day period ...

And if, the fess are low, and there is not a lot of bs moving the funds from the cryptocurrency to a secure cash storage;
e.g.; licenced bank or brokerage
--crypto might be interesting to me.

Cypto is NOT congruent to any currency to me --it is just a speculative, almost air --commodity.
If the internet stopped, the blockchain would be dead (for all intents and purposes, [however remote]) and all cryptocurrency worthless and not be redeemable. Other markets would still be there --their liquidity however diminished.

upload_2020-3-10_8-17-23.png

This is volatility yellow ^VIX sky blue DJI. Lateral moves are trading periods. Volatility makes the market price values. DJI is line includes overnight futures trading, pre, open and after market trading.

All markets are manipulated

Market Liquidations Cause Cascade in Bitcoin Price - CoinDesk
but trying to explain away scams -- really ... :D

banners
Back