The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

CPA Scams

That's a very broad question.

But basically everything starts with a very extensive sherlock holmes background check of the company you are about to start doing business with. Also start off any cooperation with a cap on budget, only upscale when you see both parties are adhering to the contract terms. Its all about trust.

I attend conferences and meetups to make sure I meet the people I work with face-to-face. This has helped me to develop strong business relationships and friendships as well. I can recommend you attending AffiliateWorldConferences, AffiliateSummit or AdTech.
Nobody have time to visits AffiliateSummits, Our guru queen.

@Op go with big rep networks and you are fine. If you are not sure about your traffic source, ask your AM

CPA networks have some of the highest earning ads, but not everybody who claims to be a reputable network can be trusted. Here are some scammers to avoid.

What steps do you take to make sure you don't get scammed?

- ask about a network on forums, linkedin groups or facebook
- ask that network for credit references
- search them on google

Try to gather as much 3rd party info about a network as possible. Otherwise, you run the risk of having incomplete references.
Also, the advice about going only for the big networks isn't always the best, because it limits your options and you also risk not getting a dedicated Affiliate Manager (they don't usually have the time to handle less experienced affiliates, as they already have some big accounts to handle).

Not sure if I covered everything, but I hope it helps.

Don't do business (CPA etc.) with anyone that does not publish an address. (For Starters.)

That's why the vendors in our Resources section have to have a physical address and phone number located on their website. If you're doing business with a company, you have the right to be able to contact them and know where they are.

CPA networks have some of the highest earning ads, but not everybody who claims to be a reputable network can be trusted. Here are some scammers to avoid.

Well, 1st, try to find out more about them (through forums, social networks, friends around), then 2nd if the guy is helpful, give you his trust and time, then go for it ;)

Recently, CPA is a most popular marketing strategy.If you apply the right way must achieve your goal.

Definitely, this is the most successful way, but it is reserved to the hard worker as the success will depend on the work you provide

You are better to find a good scam groups on Linkedin or Facebook and check if the company was or is in the list.

I think he means an example if you send 1000 sales but in your statistics showing just 10 sales, ye there is no way to know how much you have achieved from the sales or the actual number of sales you have made with the CPA network , you can be a victim of some CPA networks

MI
Back