The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Computers and Eyesite

It's important to look away from the screen into the middle / long distance frequently. I've spent long times focussed on a screen that has lead to eye strain which isn't pleasant.

Yup eye strain is a big factor.
Also did you know if you employ people who work on computers (in the uk) you must have their "workstation" assesed. Factors such as monitor height, chair to desk relationship etc etc!!

Also did you know if you employ people who work on computers (in the uk) you must have their "workstation" assesed. Factors such as monitor height, chair to desk relationship etc etc!!

I didn't realise it was law, I know a lot of large companies have this as set internal policy. I'm interested to know for sure.

I looked on Wikipedia Health and Safety Executive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia which isn't particularily clear if this is the case, closest I can see is "validation and certification".

I know a few people whose eyesight has been affected by working on monitors, I personally haven't noticed a problem but I follow the guidelines as I find it comfortable, I also smoke (yes I know "hiss") so I get a break from the screen every hour or so.

I feel I have not been affected by working with computers and have very good eyesight.

Humous

MI
Back