The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Clicks Different from Tracker and Network?

goodoboy

affiliate
Hello,

I started a campaign today and so far:

The number of clicks Voluum is showing is 3,212 and F5media is showing 1,334 clicks.

Is there any possible reason for the clicks loss between network and voluum?

Thanks

The number of clicks Voluum is showing is 3,212 and F5media is showing 1,334 clicks.

Is there any possible reason for the clicks loss between network and voluum?
There is a little click loss but not that huge.
I think you may be getting that much difference because F5 Media only shows unique clicks.

I know Avast flagged Voluum tracking domain names as suspicious, maybe that's the reason why you're seeing this big difference. I saw this Saturday when I tried to make a new campaign and couldn't click on my own tracking links. For now I switched for my main campaigns to another tracking system and Im waiting for a solution from Voluum.

There is a little click loss but not that huge.
I think you may be getting that much difference because F5 Media only shows unique clicks.

Thank you Irs1995,

That seems like alot click loss to me. I will email support and post the results here.

I am noticing something similar- Voluum showing 704 visits and aff network showing 555. That's a click loss of 21%.

Is that normal? Even if the network was only tracking unique visits. Would seem like a high number of repeat visitors, no?

The only thing I can think of is that my free Voluum link, the cg27e.voluumtrk.com one is being flagged as suspicious and dropping visits. This is mobile though so I don't know how likely that is...

Take a look at the reports by IP address.
You will know if you are receiving many visits from the same IP address.
Its normal to get a non-unique clicks, play around with your frequency cap (if the ad network allows it).

The only thing I can think of is that my free Voluum link, the cg27e.voluumtrk.com one is being flagged as suspicious and dropping visits. This is mobile though so I don't know how likely that is...
Mobile traffic didn't get affected much and now Voluum has resolved that issue.

Take a look at the reports by IP address.
You will know if you are receiving many visits from the same IP address.
Its normal to get a non-unique clicks, play around with your frequency cap (if the ad network allows it).

Thanks for pointing that out. I do see multiple visits from the same IP address in a few cases, which would explain multiple visits.

Thanks for pointing that out. I do see multiple visits from the same IP address in a few cases, which would explain multiple visits.

Fraudulent clicks might account for most of the cases, and second I guess is visitors are using the same network with a single IP like in school.

Thank you Irs1995 for responding,

Can you please give some comments on what frequency cap means and how it affects traffic sent? Or example please?

Thank you
Frequency cap is the number of times you will like to show your ad to a user during a specific time period. If you set frequency cap to 1 over a 24hr period then this should limit the same IP address viewing your ads more than once during the day. Go2mobi and Decisive supports frequency cap.

banners
Back