The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Clearing out temp files

gkd_uk

Hi

A quick of clearing out temp files (these are different to temporary Internet files)

1) Close all applications
2) Click Start
3) Click Run
4) Type the following %temp%
5) Click OK
6) Press Ctrl and A
7) Delete

You don't need to browse through to the temp folder :)

You mean it will delete the files from the folder on this path?

My computer > C: > Windows > Temp

Really then it does the same job as just running something like the ccleaner program, which deletes both temp internet files, and temporary files?

CCleaner - Home

Cleaning programs that you can download for free can not all be trusted. Most contain spyware.

It only takes a few seconds to clear temp files so why go through the hassle of downloading such software.

I see your point, but, they do claim NOT to download any spyware with their program, (whether they are to believed or not is another matter). Also, they clean up more than just temp files, so it`s more multi-purpose.

Clean up programs will mainly clear cookies and temporary internet files. I prefer to remove these manually as it only takes seconds. I do a defrag when one is required

I will use software such as Spybot Search and Destroy when scanning for spyware.

At the place I work, we provide IT Support to hundreds of companies. I clear files out manually when there is an issue. This saves the company money and its easier for me :)

MI
Back