The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Check Google Analytics Stats From Your Desktop

Edwin

affiliate
For the people who use Google analytics - check out this desktop application to check your stats.
It looks pretty cool to me, i'm not GA user, but perhaps for others that do you may want to check out this cool application.

I really wouldn't know, the guys from RedflyMarketing.com are using it, and they have trust in it, so i think it's all good. :)

I use Google Analytics and it is probably the best stats program around, the only draw back that I have noticed is that it does not detect spiders, so your going to have to use a stats program that comes with your hosting. Nice find by the way, i'll definitely check it out :)

I use Google Analytics and it is probably the best stats program around, the only draw back that I have noticed is that it does not detect spiders, so your going to have to use a stats program that comes with your hosting. Nice find by the way, i'll definitely check it out :)

No, the biggest set back to GA is that many firefox users and safari users won't actually show up in your stats =) Many people use the anti-JS plugins that these browsers have and as a result adsense ads don't show up and tracking software does nothing.

interesting. I use GA and always wondered why the stats in GA didn't match up with the stats I get from my hosting provider. Now I know :)

No, the biggest set back to GA is that many firefox users and safari users won't actually show up in your stats Many people use the anti-JS plugins that these browsers have and as a result adsense ads don't show up and tracking software does nothing.

What corks me is that for the longest time I saw Google publishers pushing people to use Firefox, then Firefox ads a plug-in that blocks Google's ads that advertise they're own browser. Go figure.

I imagine Google is going to have to address this matter at some point. I hope they do! ;)

I downloaded and installed this program, and I think it looks great! Not sure much about the fact that GA in general misses some hits for the reasons described above, but this program does seem very functional, and the layout is nice.

Might take me a day or to to adjust to where some of the options have been moved, but very clean!

Thanks for the link!

THIS is why you should have multiple tracking programs going on any site. On one of my sites I have three going. The exact details don't matter but I can compare trends/summary information from both.

And I don't think Mozilla put out that anti-JS script. Someone from the community donated it. The good part about open-source. :)

I personally wouldn't choose to implement different tracking scripts at the same time as it will impact your page load time.

I've heard that and kept a close eye on it. Never seen a problem and I'll consider removing one someday if it does. I've also heard putting all that at the bottom of the page helps that vs the top of the page.

If nothing else i'll have the server stats and at least one JS tracking solution going.

Absolutely, putting your tracking code on the bottom of your page code is a must, that way other elements loading on the page will not be interrupted.

Cutting down on your HTTP requests, thus the amount of server calls for scripts, images, etc will greatly reduce the loading time of your page.
Scripts like javascripts and CSS files can be bundled and in some cases this can reduce a lot of HTTP requests.

Your visitors will see your page appearing more quickly and that is of course what you would like to achieve, serving a fast loading page.

Here is a video that has some in depth information on the subject.

I'm going a little bit off topic here, but hey...it's my thread ;)

banners
Back