The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Cheap Quality v/s Good Quality Traffic

jsid1008

affiliate
I really want to understand this concept of cheap quality v/s good quality traffic.

Suppose, the offer is an online shopping offer

Please correct me if i am wrong in understanding.

Quality Traffic : If you buy traffic from a trusted and well know traffic source at the suggested bid.

Cheap Traffic : If you under bid than the suggested bid, then the traffic which you'll get will be low quality.

1) How does one decide whether the traffic is cheap or quality one?

2) If i under bid and get conversions, will i say that traffic is of cheap quality?

3) If i bid what is suggested and still don't get conversions then what would be the traffic like?

4) If we pay per impression, then what would be the good quality placements be like (take an eg. of pop under) .

5) How does the traffic source decide where to place the ads based on the bidding or Which placements will send quality traffic or cheap traffic?

6) How would you decide which are the top placements or top categories for Pop under ?

I would appreciate if someone could help me out in understanding this concept.

First of all, you have the distinctions wrong. I think what you mean is
1)quality traffic aka traffic that converts
2)shitty traffic aka traffic that doesn't convert

Relationship between cost and quality:
-Generally, if the traffic source/placement converts for other advertisers, they are happy to bid higher which drives the cost for everyone up.
-If a traffic source/placement sends shitty traffic (bot traffic, accidental clicks) other advertisers will probably blacklist it which makes it available for a low price to you

This holds true for probably most well known traffic networks. If you advertise in a specific niche or use some obscure little network, it's possible to get quality traffic for a low price if nobody is bidding on it (yet).

What is session-depth?
On traffic sources where there's any type of bidding going on, the ad that has the highest bid will get the first impression. The lower you bid, the further down in the users session will your ad be shown.

Relationship between session-depth and quality:
-If you bid high and your ad is shown first, not only will you get more traffic but the chances are higher that he will click your ad, especially if you have similar competitors promoting on your spot.
-That being said, if you have a unique offer then there's no reason that the quality will decrease dramatically further in the session

So to sum it up, if you want to be sure to get the best possible quality and quantity of traffic then you should definitely bid high.

@jstiger : Can i say that if i am not getting conversions from a particular placement which is sending me good number of impressions a cheap quality traffic even if that same placement is giving conversions to my competitor (irrespective of the bid) ?

If the traffic converts for someone else then the problem is most likely your offer, angle or landing page.

Also, if you competitor is promoting the same offer then he could be taking all the conversions if his ad is shown first.

I wouldn't call it "cheap quality" but rather "low quality". Cheap is used to describe cost of the traffic, not the quality.

[QUOTE="jstiger, post: 106164, member: 30065"
What do you mean by this?
The lower you bid, the further down in the users session will your ad be shown.

banners
Back