The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Cats may protect you from dying from heart attacks

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
They can't fully explain the reasons, but reasearchers say that cat owners have a lower risk of dying from heart attacks or strokes. They couldn't find this relationship with owners of dogs or other pets. 4,435 patients were involved in the study.

Dr. Adnan Qureshi, of the Minnesota Stroke Institute in Minneapolis, said that it was possible that cats, more than dogs or other pets, reduce stress and anxiety, which have been linked to coronary disease and heart attacks.

There are more details and these articles has them Medical News: ASA: Cats May Protect Owners Against Cardiovascular Death - in Meeting Coverage, ASA from MedPage Today

Cat owners less likely to die of heart disease, study says - Minnesota Daily

Interesting Larry. I have another theory.

Both my HUGE fat cats sleep on me to be sure I'll pet them when we go to bed. Maybe since they are so heavy they crush my chest, they slow down my heart and give it a forced rest? :p

I think they'll be having the heart attack by the sound of it Linda

Well Im a cat lover too and it is thought that having pets of any kind improves your mental wellbeing. Just another reason to talk the other half into getting another cat or two :D

Isn't laughter the best medicine?

And do they ever manage to make me laugh.

I have 3 of these loving little creatures and not a day goes by that one of them doesn't make me laugh. They're all just little crack-ups.

Guess that's I love em! A good laugh is healthy! :p

Here's a story for you....

LAst year, some guy here in Central Pennsylvania found and took in a stray tabby cat.....

about a week later, a fire started in his house (electrical, i think) while he was sleeping on his couch, and he had no idea...

this stray cat - who a week earlier was "outside" somewhere - smelled / sensed the fire and jumped on this guy's chest, waking him up, clueing him into the fire so he could escape (with the cat)....

when the fire department showed up, he stuck the cat in his garage, and at some time it escaped, ran away, and disappeared, and he never saw it again...

that was on the local news one night...

so your kitty can even save you from fire!!!!

Doug :D

how bout dog lovers? are we prone to heart attacks than cat lovers? that was an amazing story for cat lovers out there..:)

both my cats are now sadly departed, however they did both used to calm me a lot, maybe the reduced heartrate of being calm is what has the reduced heart attack effect??

Cats ? protect against heart attack ? i dont believe this or maybe it is because i am not used to living with them and this i am sure is the reason i dont even like them at all.

They can't fully explain the reasons, but reasearchers say that cat owners have a lower risk of dying from heart attacks or strokes. It is believed that the cats are as good as mild pills for heat diseases when it comes to heart disease. They couldn't find this relationship with owners of dogs or other pets. 4,435 patients were involved in the study.

Dr. Adnan Qureshi, of the Minnesota Stroke Institute in Minneapolis, said that it was possible that cats, more than dogs or other pets, reduce stress and anxiety, which have been linked to coronary disease and heart attacks.

There are more details and these articles has them Medical News: ASA: Cats May Protect Owners Against Cardiovascular Death - in Meeting Coverage, ASA from MedPage Today

Cat owners less likely to die of heart disease, study says - Minnesota Daily

Having pets helps to relieve stress, dogs probably have a similar effect. I would be inclined to think that any animal that is perceived as meaningful to a person in a positive way would have health benefits. Researches have suggested that pets had a calming effect on their owners. Hence, when it comes to the risk of stroke and heart attacks it is common that stress and hypertension plays a major role. as a result, it is only common sense that the owners of a cat or any other pet would have less of a chance of a heart attack or stroke.

If you have ever had your dog or cat get sick and die slowly you would know there is a real downside of added stress and depression this event can cause. People have heart attacks and strokes for reasons of heredity, diet and lifestyle -- that is the truth of the matter.

Graybeard, Feb 13, 2018

MI
Back