The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[Case Study ]Facebook + Peerfly ($700+ Revenue)

servandosilva

Facebook + Peerfly ($700+ Revenue)

Hello everyone. I've been just a few months in the PPC+CPA industry and so far learned a lot of things.
The first traffic source I used for this was SEO, and it still works, but it's great to see some volume and instant things when you learn paid traffic.

Campaign

This is a case study back when I met Oliver (K) 3 months ago. I was running Facebook campaigns including Teespring and had run some CPA offers with my Facebook Fan Pages and Peerfly (You need to get approved for Fan pages, but you can run Social PPC campaigns with FB Ads without problems).

Peerfly is one of my favorite networks for Social PPC and PPV campaigns. Make sure you get approved by joining here. Be honest with your application. They accept a lot of newbies as long as you're honest and have a plan.

If you're having problems getting into any network make sure you get help from the Dojo. They will prepare and send the application for you to get approved!

Anyway, it was time to try some paid ads, so I went for an offer and targeted a 3rd world country (MX) just because I felt more comfortable as I live here.
This offer was a sweepstakes one, and has been bombarded everywhere, but never had seen it on Facebook and MX has a lot less competition than tier 1 countries like USA, CA, UK and AU.

Facebook Ads

First I created an ad and targeted all ages and genders without any limitations. I focused on carriers and brands as interests, and later scaled it a little bit more.

I spent about $20 just to gather some data and let the ad ran for 24 hours approx.

Just an hour after my ad was approved I saw a pair of conversions on Peerfly (it was 1am), so I knew I had a winner.
I gathered data while almost breaking even and then created a new ad targeted to the best ages and gender (males) to increase the ROI.

My CTR went from 2.5% to 4.0% after that, so my clicks were cheaper ($0.04) and my campaign had an ROI between 50-100% depending on the day and the CTR on any specific day.

I ended up spending around $400 totally after taking out bad converting campaigns and low CTR audiences:

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 5.46.50 PM.jpg

I was running Facebook Ad in both newsfeed and mobile devices. If you want to see the Ad configuration make sure to see the complete case study with banners and landing pages inside the Dojo.

Here's how my Peerfly's dashboard looked like at some point when I started to scale my daily budget from $20 to 30 and then to $50.

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 6.37.31 PM.jpg

I ended up with more than $700 in revenue, while spending almost $400. My ROI was about 80%.

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 5.45.00 PM.jpg

Landing Pages

I tried 3 different landers. Nothing especial, no spying tools, no tricks! The CTR from lander to offer was between 30-50%, and the CR on my network was around 5-8%. I revealed my 2 best landers for this offer inside the Dojo: Click here to Join!
I basically told people to participate for an iPhone and used an image and a call to action that looked decent on both Mobile and Desktop (K.I.S.S. method). I have relaunched this campaign once per month but the ROI has been lower. Facebook also blocks banners with too much text or buttons (not always) and sweepstakes might be more of difficult on FB at this moment, but there's money to be made.

However, there's a lot of potential with gaming offers on Facebook, so I have been trying new offers lately. I just focus on mobile more and that's why I haven't run many FB campaigns after running Teespring.

Things I wished I knew

• I wasn't tracking anything. Aside from the FB reports, I was running blind without a tracker. I'd use Voluum now and track a few more things.
  • My landers were simple, but can be improved. I'd also add something to make it more relevant, like a season, a country flag or at least split test multiple offers.
  • I didn't ask for a paybump or looked for the same offers in different networks (now I know some pay a lot more).
  • I reached a total of 500,000 on Facebook, but there were at least 5 millions in potential broad audiences. I could have scaled my budget to $100-200 and still see positive ROI, but I was afraid to spend that much a few months ago.
  • Split test more landing pages and CR using a tracker would have saved me a few hours going manually trough my WP statistics and having to setup a different lander for each subid (since Facebook has no Postback URLs).

Anyway. Facebook is one of the biggest traffic sources (more volume than ever) and as long as you play by the rules (no weight loss, dating things) you're going to be fine. I wouldn't say it's the easiest traffic source to dominate, but once you do, there's volume and they distribute your traffic evenly trough the day. That's something you don't have on many other traffic sources.

I scaled this campaign to 2 other countries. The payout was higher although the ROI was lower. Still positive ROI
smile.png.pagespeed.ce.HpCntQets-.png

Leave your questions and comments below.

xninja.png.pagespeed.ic.Mj_EA9RXku.png

Last edited:
Hey nice to see !! thanks a lot for this .
Can you tell me what offers you can promote on fb without getting banned ?

Gaming offers are fine. Some email submits or apps or downloads too.
It would be easier to tell you what you can't promote on Facebook: dating, adult, weight loss or easy money online are definitely hard. Aside from that, you just need to follow their rules and depending on your angle, it should be fine.

what offer do you promote?

You can see I erased the exact offer data because otherwise everyone would just jump in and try to copy it. But if you do some research, it won't be difficult to find it. I shared my landers and even the banners inside the Dojo, but honestly, you can pick this offer in many other networks too, and some pay more or have better conversion rate.

Most people won't reveal an offer completely unless it's been dried out or not active anymore. But these are sweepstakes. They aren't going anywhere and there are plenty of them if you do a search at offervault.

Thanks for the case studies. I will give a try with gaming offer. Can I do direct linking?

Direct lining with Facebook is difficult unless you can do a meta refresh or cloak, and still can get your ads retro-dissaproved or your account banned. I'd go with landing pages on Facebook first.

Hello friend, good case study, I want to try this method
How do I make my facebok not block PeerFly affiliate link?
Regards
Hello.
You need to use a landing page for that. That or you can do a meta refresh but I wouldn't recommend it honestly. FB can be very picky with their advertisers and they'll take your account down if they don't like something on your campaigns.

MI
Back