The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Can You Help Me Choose A Domain?

Strickland

I know this question has been asked before but I can't find the thread, so I'm asking again :)

For the purpose of a blog and SEO, which domain name would be better

1. www.vintage-redwine.com (.com extention with hyphen)
2. www.vintageredwine.net (.net extention)
3. www.vintage.redwine (.redwine extention)

My Favourite is number 3
This isn't my niche but the situation is the same.

I'm planning a new blog this year, it's going to be a long term project in a niche I've been interested in for many years. I'm not going to monetize the site at all. No affiliate links, no adverts, nothing, just pure information for people interested in the subject. the only links will be to and from my youtube channel that covers the same subject. And maybe an affiliatefix follow along thead :D

I know this question has been asked before but I can't find the thread, so I'm asking again :)

My Favourite is number 3

I'm planning a new blog this year, it's going to be a long term project in a niche I've been interested in for many years. I'm not going to monetize the site at all. No affiliate links, no adverts, nothing, just pure information for people interested in the subject. the only links will be to and from my youtube channel that covers the same subject. And maybe an affiliatefix follow along thead :D

For SEO number 3, no question
vintage.redwine

No problem EuronGreyjoy. I don't think you'll have an issue with trademark, I see "blockchain" used alot in domain names and sites in general. And the blockchain.bo extention is nice and easy to remember, although I have no idea how it will affect seo.
The only thing is the vertical, I don't know much about crypto, funnily enough I was looking into it today, and from what I can make out it all seems a bit shady. Im not sure I would like to get involved with it but maybe you already have a good plan.
I have money invested in bitcoin but the whole industry seems iffy :)
Let me know how you get on

Last edited:
From a brand purpose point of view number 3, but I don't know if your targetaudience will understand that ".Redwine" is an extension. Some exotic extensions like .cc .shop .online .top .job are already hard for some people, so knowing you can access this address by surfing to it has alittle bit of doubt. But it already looks good, so that's awesome. Make sure you check trademark agency if the name you choose isn't a brandname already to avoid any infringements.

& don't know if its trademark name
start here: Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)
look for "Madrid" filings that good in Europe too.
also https://trademark-search.marcaria.com/en/europe/european-union-trademark-search

VintageRedWine.com is for sale | HugeDomains
overprice and never buy a name that is already registered in the .com it will leach traffic off you ;)

#3 if you want damn few type-ins -- for SEO the domain extension doesn't matter much --the content does ...

I completely agree, trying to decide if a hyphen in a dot com is going to cause as much confusion as an exotic extention.
[a-z]-[a-z] is not good for type-ins either
:~/_new_jhu/asia$ whois a1vrwine.com |grep -i creat
:~/_new_jhu/asia$ whois alvrwine.com |grep -i creat
like a1-? not that good either :p
I like 4-6 char+.ext(TLD)
I look for mobile voice search domains now

The only thing is the vertical, I don't know much about crypto, funnily enough I was looking into it today, and from what I can make out it all seems a bit shady. Im not sure I would like to get involved with it but maybe you already have a good plan.

It's not regulated that's whats shady I think
One side its freedom from banks, other side its not protected
My strategy would be a blockchain directory
Example --> All blockchain affiliate programs

I too like #3, that's my vote.

I think it was Graybeard that mentioned that you can get more than one applicable domain name and redirect to, or mirror the .redwine extension site.

Just an irrelevant side note.....I like vintage red wine. :D

I know I have some. Also, I have registered new brand domains in the past few years. SEO EMD names are taken for years now in the ,com that is what the new gTLDS were all about.

Register a brand name in .com and a mirror that same name in the new gTLD that is descriptive of the endeavor's purpose. Trademark that name if you are serious. we're talking over $1,000 total to do this.

This is not applicable to an affiliate domain really ...

I too like #3, that's my vote.

I think it was Graybeard that mentioned that you can get more than one applicable domain name and redirect to, or mirror the .redwine extension site.

Just an irrelevant side note.....I like vintage red wine. :D

@Graybeard has good point about type in text
Some traffic could be lost if you didn't own dot com
But if you keep keywords & make domain shorter its better
Q. What's it called when domain extension is word and two words together form the phrase?
Examples -->
  • Buy Cars (buy.cars)
  • Bitcoin App (bitcoin.app)
  • Graphic Design (graphic.design)
  • Beauty Clinic (beauty.clinic)
I want to read more about it but can't find what it's called on Google .. :confused::eek:o_O

(@Strickland you can now hijack on all my threads this month !!) :)

My Favourite is number 3

selecting SEO friendly domain is an old story now. You should always select the one which is easy to remember for your visitors. If you are doing the right things, your site will rank anyways, doesn't matter what TLD you chose.

banners
Back