The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can Someone Explain Feeds

genuwine4532

affiliate
Okay this is driving me crazy, are there benefits to feed subscription, I mean in my blog I have the widgets for yahoo google newsgator and the like feeds.

But if I myself subscribe to these and click to feed my posts, will this help the Marketing?

I know with My Yahoo it helps to place in search engines and even with igoogle homepages, but what about with services like Newsgator? It's all a little confusing.

Thank you

One thing is to open an account at BLOGRUSH

Second is that embedding RSS feeds on a PHP web page (SE's can't read javascript) is a great way to add fresh, syndicated content to your sites.

W3Schools has excellent tutorials on nearly every web building subject you can think of. Here is their RSS ones: RSS Tutorial

Once you get the hang of it, you can really get quite creative with other site's RSS feeds and even create your own. ;)

Regards,

Tony

Feeds

Thanks Oregon Coast Guy,

So basically that feed would work the same way as a blog feed when the content refreshed on my site, I can ping and spread the word?

Theoretically no.. Pings are designed to be OUTGOING notification that YOU'VE published a new post. If you are sucking someone else's content (and you should only be showing a small snippet and a link) I'm not sure you should ping. That is, unless you are a bonafide industry aggregate blog and authority site.

Feeds

Theoretically no.. Pings are designed to be OUTGOING notification that YOU'VE published a new post. If you are sucking someone else's content (and you should only be showing a small snippet and a link) I'm not sure you should ping. That is, unless you are a bonafide industry aggregate blog and authority site.

OH!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok makes sense, That would be like piggy backing on someone else's content right?
but If I actually add ORIGINAL content written by me to my website (as I do the blog), then that would be kosher and positive correct?

Yep that's the right way to do it. The goal the way it's intended is to let the world know when YOU publish new content. But like I said in the other post you cant ping new content that's on a static site. It needs to be on a blog platform or using blog software.

Ok got it, Thanks a lot

That all makes sense, I will keep updating the blog associated with my SS site and ping the content on there.

banners
Back