The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

can anyone reccomend

guywales

affiliate
im looking in to using coldusion or php to write a members login script using dreamweaver as my platform but i am having trouble getting the version of coldfusion mx7 to work so that i can see the results of the server side script can anyone reccomend an easy to install server app that i can use for this?

Perhaps you should use PHP Guy, with PHP help is at hand, cold fusion is not as popular a platform at PHP.

If you let me know the sort of login you are trying to create, I may even have a code you can just modify and intergrate into your site.

I would NEVER recommend anyone use coldfusion unless they are TOTALLY expert at it. Written badly it causes HORRENDOUS problems.

I made a promise to myself 2 years ago to INSTAMTLY turn away any sites that are using condfusion. Done great it is Ok, done bad it is horrible. Whichever way, coldfusion uses oddball software and there is like no two servers that are identical.

thanks temi that sounds good advice from both you and oldwelshguy' the problem is tho if i use php in dreamweaver when i go to preview what i have written in php it still asks me to designate a server before i can preview in a brouser how can i get round this?

You can install php on your local machine, or upload the page to webspace and test it online It takes seconds to do this.

I have apache, MYSQL & PHP running on my local machine for testing. Although I no longer script stuff so never use it :D

MI
Back