The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can Anyone Help Me?

FitNRich

affiliate
I got these SEO guys helping my website out. I have tons of articles and what not on it. However, I suggested that we should do paid traffic but everything is going to be organic traffic according to them. The reason they want to do that is because they want my site to be top 3 on the 1st page of google. But am I missing something here? Isn't that going to take a long long time for that to happen? Wouldn't paid traffic make more sense to get things going. I would think some kind of results would happen, but what do you think?

In the long run, you do want organic traffic.

However, in the short run, if you have the budget, AdWords makes sense for a lot of sites just starting out.

You might find threads in Google Adwords & Adsense helpful for more information.

It could definitely take a while depending on many factors - age of domain, targeted search terms, quality of content, originality, SEO, etc., etc.

A minimum of a few to several months to rank well organically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. But it's both the quality and the quantity of backlinks, with quality + relevance being more important.

Google's algorithms for evaluating backlinks are very complex, though. If you are caught or suspected of buying links or arranging "unnatural" links, you can wind up in a jam with Google (and Bing). Or placing links to your site on free for all directories or other shady sites will also have a negative impact.

How you do it is as important as whether you do it.

Well looking at my websites on some of the products I have written, we're ranking well. Just only 1 product is the 1st one on the 1st page. Everything else ranges from page 2-4.

Last question, if you spent over $1500 on work to be done for your website and I'm talking SEO work and more, what kind of results would you expect?

I would expect good results for that kind of money. That said, ranking a new site takes time. How long has the site been online? What kind of traffic are you getting?

The site has been up since 2013. However, it didn't get really get worked on until Late 2014. So it's been up for awhile. The pages on the website are ranking and I understand ranking takes time. I assume the kind of traffic we are getting is organic. Haven't got paid yet however. I don't know if I should be concerned about that.

Saw little to no traffic using my google analytics. I don't know if that was accurate, hope I'm wrong.

Seems like it will take a long time because they just want to use organic traffic and that's aiming to be #1 on the 1st page with every offer we are promoting.

---------- Post Merged at 11:33 AM ----------

Welp, the route they told me to take is the organic traffic and only use that. Is there something else I should be doing?

Especially if it's skin care. Thank you for the advice man. It's like I'm the crazy one and the only only one that wants to push paid traffic. Though I don't have a lot of money, there's a little I can invest and possibly get something out of.

How long organic traffic takes depends on your competitors. From an anonymous browser (so the results aren't skewed in your favor having already visited your own site many times), do a search for the keywords you want to rank for most. For the sites in the top results, go to majestic.com and do a site explorer check which will tell you the trust flow of the site and it's backlinks - write down the dofollow backlinks and try to get those for your site also - some you can, others you likely can't without contacting the site owner and asking for a backlink which can work but usually less than 10% of the time. How long it takes you to get links on most of the same sites plus a few new sites they don't have to even out for the sites they have links on that you can't easily get is how long it will take to match their serp results, also factoring a slight bit less ranking for your domain age being indexed much sooner and the difference in amount of social signals between your site and theirs (currently estimated to be about 20% of seo, backlinks being the other 80%). Remember the search engines won't recognize your newly created backlinks for up to 30 days on their schedule of recrawling the sites you are able to put them on.

Last edited by a moderator:
FitNrich - What is your website, that would def help. I'll do a free analysis for you & suggestions and you can follow the improvements daily in trust flow via majestic and traffic via alexa.

banners
Back