The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Buying a Site with Adsense ppc, but I don't have an account?

greenscape

affiliate
Hey Guys,

Problem; I want to purchase a site with Adsense PPC on it, but I don't have an Adsense Account

It seems from readings posts and other info about getting an Adsense account, that you have to have a site first (with reasonable content) and then submit an application to Google hoping for approval......

Here's my delima
.......The site I want to purchase was created by the seller as a "turn key" site to be "ready to go" and has affiliate links and Adsense ppc ads already on it.......The site has not been promoted/advertised yet. She's asking for my Adsense affiliate number so she can change the code once I complete the purchase, but I don't have one yet?

Any suggestions on how I might proceed? :confused:

Hey greenscape,

Hope you aren't spending much because those turn-key Made-for-Adsense sites don't usually do very well due to duplicate content penalties and Google just does not like mirror or cookie cutter sites.

1) Here's an idea and possible solution you could EVALUATE to try to get Adsense. Hubpages are free and you get to share the Adsense revenue. So they have a built in way to sign up for Adsense. I would not sign up for a Hub just to get Adsense, don't think that's really fair. However you could build a Hub for your niche which would get much higher ranking than a new site typically and especially higher than a Made-for-Adsense site. So you use the hub as a feeder site and link it to your new turn-key site.

Google AdSense signup for HubPages

2) It's probably not a big deal if you need to buy site now and wait to add the Adsense later. (Info above says it takes 2 weeks to get approved.) Should be pretty easy to add it yourself.

The above is just me throwing out an idea. I don't know if it will work but my understanding is once you get approved for Adsense for one site (or hub) you can use it on any other too. ALWAYS do your own due diligence and read the rules at both places.

I don't think they are very picky with the sites. do you have some domains you can offer on your application?

Hi Linda,

thank you very much for the feedback. I brought the point up to the seller as well. It's a bodybuiling site. by the way, which I focused on as it has been what I have been involved with for many years.

I hope it doesn't appear to be as you say "adsense ready" or cookie cutter in content or nature.

She just responded and mentioned that perhaps I should sign up to use "shopping ads" in the interim, because of the adsense issue. I explained before I posed the question to her, that I would follow her suggestion and as such it appears most of the adsense ads that were visible on the far right column, appear to have been moved downward on the column and replaced with what I imagine are the "shopping ads" in their place.

I myself have an existing cj account. I was able to get instant approval with a few advertisers in the fitness field this morning through cj....maybe I could use some of those affiliate links as well or to supplant the "shopping ads"(they do look a little hoaky) in the meantime?...while leaving the adsense lower on the page, or maybe removing them?

I certainly have a great respect for your information Linda. If I may ask for your suggestion given the additional info I have supplied on this post Linda?

Thanks Linda

Dan

Sorry Dan, but we don't allow site mentions or links in any of the main discussion areas. Your questions would be much easier for people to answer if they could see the site however. You can put it in your sig or after you do a few more posts you can post a site review, with specific questions and post the link so everyone can check it out and give you better advice. You need 10 posts before you can ask for a review, so you are almost there.

The other option besides Shopping Ads would be Yahoo Publisher ads. But really you don't need to worry about it until you get traffic, unless you're just worried about having a blank spot on the site where the ads should go.

Just took a quick peak. Yes Shopping ads are on top.

Want to stress - it can take awhile to get enough traffic to even POTENTIALLY make a sale. So I would just get something easy like Shoppingads up to fill up part of the space, then not worry about monetization too much yet.

Work on building up your content and marketing to start getting some traffic. When you are new it can take 200-300 visits before you even make your 1st sale so don't worry about CJ yet, just focus on getting some traffic 1st. That's what I would do if I was new, anyway, knowing what I know today.

Thank Linda,

Your feedback is really appreciated.....!

I think I may have a possible solution. 1st off, certainly you know far better than I that it will take time to build traffic. My immediate concern is the protracted nature of the sales or transfer process of that of the seller.

I had a thought. I've had a site in my name for more than six months that has reasonable content in the way of games. Fairly innocuous, and. My 1st love is bodybuilding however. But I also enjoy games. Would it be possible

I had thought about getting adsense for the game site. However now the thought becomes ever more auspicious/propitious(never did excel in English)...I thought maybe it's time to submit that site to google for adsense approval....

And if approved then adding the bodybuilding site to adsense as well. So I thought such a scenario might be a creative approach to my dilemma. Although I admit I don't know if all sites submitted under an adsense account must contain content consistent with the same subject or category, of that of the initially approved site....?

any idea?

From Google

A few options

"Keep in mind that participation in AdSense requires you to have a website. If you don't have one, you can sign up for a free blog at www.blogger.com or create and publish useful, attractive webpages using Google Page Creator, at pages.google.com"

Brian

I had thought about getting adsense for the game site thought maybe it's time to submit that site to google for adsense approval....

And if approved then adding the bodybuilding site to adsense as well...

Although I admit I don't know if all sites submitted under an adsense account must contain content consistent with the same subject or category, of that of the initially approved site....?

People get approved for one site and then add sites in lots of different niches,
so that's not an issue. I'm not an Adsense affiliate but I've heard once you are
approved you can add any other sites as long as they aren't against the TOS or anything.

MI
Back