The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Building Assets? Building Bankrolls?

mattgeer

affiliate
Hi Charles,

I have two questions, if you don't mind.

You mentioned in another thread only focusing on paid traffic. That being the case, do you build any assets? If so, what do you focus on (most)? If no, why not, and do you worry about that catching up with you down the road? Is arbitrage (stable) enough?

Given how quickly things change, do you (still) think that POF is a good platform for beginners to get started / learn on? Is there a better platform?

Thanks,
Matt

In terms of my campaigns, I don't build direct assets such as email lists or "long term."

I can live in Asia for less than $2k a month if I wanted to, and have over 7 figures cash. I never worry about something something catching up with my down the road. My assets are my knowledge, skills, my networking, my relationship, my reputation, etc. As long as people are making money in this industry, I can as well.

Most affiliates marketers including myself do take the money we earn and invest in real assets such as properties, stocks, etc.

Don't put the cart in front of the horse. Make money first before you start worrying about the "long term". When you have skills from affiliate marketing and the money, you can do whatever you want.

Yes POF is still good. There is no such thing as "better" or "best" platforms, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. But POF I can verify its still possible to do $1k profit a day on, and POF is a great place to develop your skills

Thanks for the reply.

I ask the question because you see other IM guys (not necessarily 'guru's, but respectable guys from what I can tell) stress the importance of building email lists and websites due to the volatility of arbitrage. And to be clear, that 'something catching up with you down the road,' I just meant if the margins were too slim in arbitrage if you might look back and wish you developed email or web assets.

My favorite part of your reply is this:

Don't put the cart in front of the horse. Make money first before you start worrying about the "long term". When you have skills from affiliate marketing and the money, you can do whatever you want.

It makes me think of when I played poker (2010, up until 3-4 months pre-Black Friday). Grind out a bankroll, then use that cash flow to build assets, back other players and do things to smooth out the variance you experience in the day-to-day grind.

Re: POF, thanks, that's good to know. Being new that's a high enough ceiling for me to aim for. Can definitely build a bankroll with that :)

Thanks again man, I appreciate it. The responses in these threads are great - like mini versions of your blog posts ;)

banners
Back