The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Bought "new" camera but it has taken 500 pics!

gedtee

affiliate
Hi all,
I bought a new Olympus E410 today from my local Currys store, however, when I got it home I discovered a 1gb compact flash card already inside.
After installing the camera software I loaded the card contents to my computer, there's about 20 photos of Currys staff members and merchandise on it, but the number on the last photo is 504, I assume this the total number of shots taken with this particular camera.
If it is, then the camera is not "new", but second hand.
What would you recommend I ask for, a refund or new replacement or a discount on the price? I paid over £400 in total (camera body, 17.5-45mm lens, 40-150 lens, Olympus camera bag and 1gb card).
Cheers Gerald.

If i were you i would pobably ask for a discount (i am assuming that camera is in good condition and is functioning correctly since you already bought it as a new camera). I am sure they'd be willing to give you a discount once you showed them what you discovered. In case they decline to give you a discount, ask for a replacement or a refund.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go for a discount for sure. You paid for a new camera they should give you a new one or money back.

You have to go with a refund or new replacement :boredom:

No need to go with discount in price :no: as you have purchased new camera.

DON.

I suspect its an ex display model they general take random photos as examples to customers. Take it back and show them the photos and see what they say.

Thank you all for the replies.
Before I go back with the camera, the main thing I want to be sure of is whether the number 504, shown on the last photo, is the actual number of shots taken by this particular camera, anyone know?
Thanks Gerald.

Update.
Took it back today and they offered a 10% discount on the camera price (£289 camera only). I refused this and asked for 20%, assistant said this was impossible, so I asked for the camera to be exchanged, lo and behold, they then agreed to a 20% discount and refunded me £58.

Update.
Took it back today and they offered a 10% discount on the camera price (£289 camera only). I refused this and asked for 20%, assistant said this was impossible, so I asked for the camera to be exchanged, lo and behold, they then agreed to a 20% discount and refunded me £58.

Cool, i think you got a pretty good deal.

I think it must be, reading the camera manual, it states that each shot adds on up to 9,999, then resets to zero.
Unless of course the camera has taken over 10,000 photos :eek:
That sounds like a great discount, did you find out about the number? was it the total shots taken?

banners
Back