The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Boredom in the Affiliate Marketer world

vereecjw

So I pop on the forums here very irregularly... Sorry linda, but your site is great. I just notice every few months, I get bored out of my mind with my campaigns, blogs etc.

I have a coding background so I try to get myself into solving a problem with a neat and tidy solution (such as handling link changes when ebay drops cj, or my program dies, or trying out new ways to test delivery on the blogs etc.)

You all must get as bored as I do. What do you do to keep your focus. This is a dangerous time for me to be surfing fark over posting blogs/updating my ppc with the winter dash coming up.

Jan

Well glad you came by to go on a little posting spree. We like having you around whenever you can make it.

I think balance is important and everyone needs a break every now and then. Sometimes I think boredom is your mind's way of telling yourself you need to switch gears.

When I get bored I look for ways to try to help more people and the way I do that is posting in forums. So I'm still working in a way, learning new things and networking, but my main goal is to try to help more people. Helps me forget about myself. :p

So that's one of the ways I deal with boredom.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I sometimes have to give certain areas a break, but find that experimenting with new campaigns both when I was an active affiliate and now as affiliate manager really is what keeps me motivated. Try something new, see if it works. Tweek it.

Well, the spree of posts is what happens when I get bored.
I have a feeling this type of topic isn't something that others are going to chime in on. But I guess now is as good a time as any to update my core apps.
Any apps you two wish you had? I was thinking about improving my link manager (my way of keeping all my links from a given merchant tied together so that I can swap out images, merchants, etc) but on your helping people out notion, maybe there is something I can throw up for others to use as well.

MI
Back