The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Blogging airhostes grounded by airline

temi

affiliate
Ellen Simonetti posed in her uniform for her blog
A US airline attendant is fighting for her job after she was suspended over postings on her blog, or online diary.
Queen of the Sky, otherwise known as Ellen Simonetti, evolved into an anonymous semi-fictional account of life in the sky.

Fulll story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3955913.stm

But don't you think that giving current security problems associated with the airline industry she ought to be more careful?

A photograph of a prety girl just finnished her shift taken by another member of the flight crew in itself is only showing that which has already been seen by thousands even tens of thousands of passengers.

The uniform is no doubt a feature in the airlines adverts and more than likely so is the cabin. So I don't think it could seriously be judged a security issue from the Pix I saw.

However the wording on past blogs could be a different issue now that the Pix have identified the airline and its employee. I don't have enough knowlrdge of past blog content to judge.

Either way, the sensible thing for the airline to have done imediately when they discovered blogs+pix would to have requested her to "Cease and Desist" removing all online content pertaining to the airline and its staff including herself.

Once she had complied with this all would be over and done with no publicity (adverse or otherwise) just a note on a personel record.

Smeagain,
I completely agree with you position, I suppose we do not have enough background info about this to make sensible judgment but on the face of it its seem the airline decision is irrational but who know if she has got previous disciplinary issues.

what i thought was riduclous was that she had been dismissed for something so harmless, but you guys seem to have read many other important issues into this.

MI
Back