The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blog

mutantbull

Hey Guys
I am thinking of making a blog(site) for my self .
I got this idea from Luke and his site lukepeerfly.com and then I noticed that these most successful people have their blog to
keep themselves motivated and posting different stuff ,then I thought I should also make one to keep myself motivated
and focused.

So I would like to ask that is this a good idea ?
I would like to have some domain name suggestions.
I would love to have a domain that starts with im or mg and if possible have .com.
My another question is .com is not available is it good to go with other extensions on a blog?

Thank you for reading.
Any suggestion ,help or advice is appreciated.

I wouldn't get anything but a .com unless you went clever like Imjamm.in For a name do like mbullie, ppcchuck, linkinglarry. If possible try not to encompass all of IM pick a small section to specialize in, but that depends on your goal. Motivation, money, stress relief.

Last edited by a moderator:
i want a blog to post things i learn,things i collect and i don't want to specialize it to one thing as I everyday test and find new things.

forget everything adrian said except that you should go with a .com domain. use your real name and come up with a domain name that you'll still be happy to use 5 years from now. you never know, your blog might become popular, might get linked to, and you don't forever want to be branded as bloggerguy on imanoob.com :)

forget everything adrian said except that you should go with a .com domain. use your real name and come up with a domain name that you'll still be happy to use 5 years from now. you never know, your blog might become popular, might get linked to, and you don't forever want to be branded as bloggerguy on imanoob.com :)

I agree with you .
Will it be a good idea to have two different sites with exact same content one with my real name other with the domain like imnoob.com?

If you want to have a personal blog to post something new and excited or about your journey or something that you might come up with, I won't stress much about .com, .net, .org, or .........

Why would you worry about the domain extensions? for SEO, for making money with blog, for this for that ....

Just keep it simple and memorable or something names which are considered you or your brand.

for the time goes by, if you're having really useful information on your personal blog, it's no wonder that whatever names would be famous.

If you want to have a personal blog to post something new and excited or about your journey or something that you might come up with, I won't stress much about .com, .net, .org, or .........

Why would you worry about the domain extensions? for SEO, for making money with blog, for this for that ....

Just keep it simple and memorable or something names which are considered you or your brand.

for the time goes by, if you're having really useful information on your personal blog, it's no wonder that whatever names would be famous.

I found our reply very helpful.

I have decided to buy this name : mgdiary.com
mg = marketing
diary = my all events like case studies,my tricks etc
.com = perfect extension.

What you guys think about this name?
and in about page I can have details about me.

I made mine to brand myself like mrgreen, oliver, pat, jacob, matt, and others.I used my name for branding.

it will be a collection of things I learned, experimented on, and some other stuff :D

dinabrokoth Has the best advice here.

I think the name you picked is great for the purpose, I would advise against putting too much personal info on it. Enough that people can relate but not enough they can stalk you. 'I like call of duty games" but not "I hang out at the bowling ally on fridays".

Last edited by a moderator:
I went a bit of a different direction with my blog than most people in the IM space and settled on LazyAssStoner.com.

It was a bit of a gamble but I really feel like it paid off just because in the internet marketing space there are so many "InternetMarketingBlogMoneyProfitsOnlineAffiliate.com" type domains out there that it's hard to stand out from the crowd.

So my 2c would be pick something that stands out. Also I agree with the previous guys about going for a .com.

Last edited:
It's only worth having a blog if you're going to be consistent with it. If you can't post at least one, really solid piece of content every 3 months, I'd question doing it at all.

banners
Back