The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blog commenting value?

Y0yOy0

affiliate
My questions today is, how much is a link from a do-follow post with PR6-7 worth if the external links from the perticular post are only 5-10, but still the overall external links from the blog are hundreds or thousands? SEO spyglass says they are worth 0.001 because it counts the overall external links from the blog but I think I do not agree here since the blog can be huge and can have more than 5000 pages...

PageRank accrues to a PAGE, not to the entire website, so the PageRank value of out going links is:

PR passed = {PageRank of the page containing the outgoing links} *.85 / {total # outgoing links on that page, including nofollow links and internal navigatoin links)

PageRank accrues to a PAGE, not to the entire website, so the PageRank value of out going links is:

PR passed = {PageRank of the page containing the outgoing links} *.85 / {total # outgoing links on that page, including nofollow links and internal navigatoin links)

Which means that if my page rank is 0 and i get a link from a page with PR 7 with 20 links going out of it total I will get somewhat of (7*0.85)/20 = 0.3 so my PR will be 0.3. But this cant be true cus if I have a PR8 and then I get 0.3.. I will have 8.3 which would be too easy..

And that would also mean that it will be too hard for PR0 pages since in order to go from 0 to 3 they will need 10 PR7 home page back links..

What I posted ios the actual formula for calculating PageRank. However, Google does discount certain types of links and modify the lionk value based on other factors such as relevancy to the receiving page, etc.

I see people are asking same question on every forum "Blog commenting value?", i mean what is the deal with it. I know all my blogs have commenting off, there is huge amount of spammers, better say "SEO spammers".

I backlink but hardly from blogs. I may backlink from forums - they usually help just a little bit.

However, I concentrate more on my sites. I keep on building optimized pages. Actually, I have a couple of writers that write for me and I put them on my pages on my site. I just keep growing my website.

I cant say that all seo marketers are spammers! there are many people who read articles on blogs and comment them and it doesnt matter that they do this sometimes for seo purposes. the aim of a blog existing is to be readable :)

I think it really depends on what you are trying to get out of your posts. If your doing it solely for SEO and not trying to learn and improve. It's a waste of time other than SEO.

banners
Back