The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

BING PPC Journey. Won't Stop Till I Profit!

godziwa

Hey guys,

I'm new to bing ppc and tried a few campaigns but lost money on them. I quit for a while and decided to create this thread to keep me on track, let others learn from my mistakes, and hopefully get advice from experienced marketers.

I set up this campaign 3 days so I'll just update you on it.

What I did 3 days ago:
  • Setup a landing page to collect emails and redirect to my offer.
  • Rotated 2 offers. One CPL @ 1.50 and another at 12 bucks. Discovered that CPL works better.
  • Gathered keywords from related campaigns from Ispionage and set them up in different adgroups.
  • Setup BING's internal tracking system.
  • Ran the campaign and deleted all keywords with less than 50% Optin rate.
Amount invested in 3 day campaign: $174.96
Amount received from testing cpa: $71 (Mostly due to the $12 offer being bad)

Lost $103.21 bucks. Sucks but after shaving off bad performing keywords. Let's see how my campaign does today on the 27th.

Update 9/27/2016:
Subscribers: +80 (I have an average total optin rate of 61% from 10+ Keywords)
CPA: +$49.50
Spent: $114

Ouch. I have a higher optin rate, but I've lost $74 bucks today. ARGH! I'm gonna lower my bid. However, this will really slow down the amount of clicks I get daily. This sucks!

Since I have 61% optin. I'll delete keywords with 50% optin rate and leave anything higher.

How much are you paying for a click now? And do you follow "suggested bid" provided by BingAds? And what kind of match type, broad/phrase/exact?

thanks

If I may suggest, why don't you create an interesting video and put in your opt in subscription link there and promote through youtube and facebook. If your video is interesting, it get shared around and goes viral. This will help you to reduce your overall marketing cost significantly. Bing/Adwords are expensive for CPA conversion. I rather use them for selling something where the profits are much higher or at least a product that has recurring profits monthly.

Example bing ad for my dropshipping site (customer database belongs to me and I can remarket to them) or promoting getresponse (monthly recurring income).

For CPA producing creative contents that goes viral is the key to reducing cost. Example, a funny video. Opt in to view more interesting video and get latest special promo. It is possible to get less than $0.10 per opt in if you have a highly engaging video since Facebook factors in engagement rate as part of the computation of ad cost for you.

If I may suggest, why don't you create an interesting video and put in your opt in subscription link there and promote through youtube and facebook. If your video is interesting, it get shared around and goes viral. This will help you to reduce your overall marketing cost significantly. Bing/Adwords are expensive for CPA conversion. I rather use them for selling something where the profits are much higher or at least a product that has recurring profits monthly.

Example bing ad for my dropshipping site (customer database belongs to me and I can remarket to them) or promoting getresponse (monthly recurring income).

For CPA producing creative contents that goes viral is the key to reducing cost. Example, a funny video. Opt in to view more interesting video and get latest special promo. It is possible to get less than $0.10 per opt in if you have a highly engaging video since Facebook factors in engagement rate as part of the computation of ad cost for you.

Thank you. But on Youtube, I get very little clicks to my landing page. I calculated and Bing works almost thesame.

Update 9/28/2016:
Subscribers: +54
CPA: +$40.25
Spent: $79

I've lost -38.75. At this rate, It doesn't look like I'll be making much. I think it'll be better to turn my funnel into something else. So instead of people going through my landing page and optin in, they go to my landing page and hit be redirected to the offer after opting in.

I've shaved my keywords and still get terrible cash flow. I'll keep losing money until I'm all out of it. So it's better to stop collecting leads at this point. I'll think about it and decide at the end of today.

Thank you. But on Youtube, I get very little clicks to my landing page. I calculated and Bing works almost thesame.

Try Facebook sponsored post and use a video. The more engagement that you have, the cheaper is your ad. I have more success with CPC on products that I own rather than affiliate program. Advertising on Youtube is more suitable for people who are trying to build their channels. I rather pay popular channel owner for them to promote my CPA offers than to advertise with CPC on youtube. Works better and cost is much more efficient.

can i know the cpa rate , always when i start a cpa campaign on bing i choose offer that pay more then 3$ , if your cpa rate is less then that i think its will be hard for you to make it profitable .

can i know the cpa rate , always when i start a cpa campaign on bing i choose offer that pay more then 3$ , if your cpa rate is less then that i think its will be hard for you to make it profitable .
My CPA rate is $1.50. Hmm that makes sense. I might have to do a bit more digging. I can't find any good offers though worth over $1.50 and works well with my funnel.

My CPA rate is $1.50. Hmm that makes sense. I might have to do a bit more digging. I can't find any good offers though worth over $1.50 and works well with my funnel.

yeah if its maxbounty i think i know this offer , just go and sign up on another network , and find another offer that pay 3$ or more , and yeah you can easily start making profit when you got the right offer .

Update 9/29/2016:
Subscribers: +24
CPA: +$12
Spent: $18

I've only lost -$6. I lowered my bid in hopes of getting better ROI. I was bidding 0.65 per keyword at first which wasn't smart. Now I've lowered it to something much smaller and my ROI is creeping up. Clicks are slower but results are much better.

Keep going :) All newbies and even season pros lose out on some money - but that's jus the risk of investing. Keep optimizing and scaling and split testing! Good luck!

I've gotta find a cheap and decent tracker for ppc. The internal bing tracker does not work for a lot of offers. Open to suggestions. I've done research and all are expensive.

Prosper202
Voluum
CPVlab
etc..

MI
Back