The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Bing journey to $500/day

wins247

After a lot of research on affiliate marketing I've decided to take action and start this journey to keep focused as I try to apply what I've read.

Day 1:
Traffic to begin with: Bing
Affiliate platform: Clickbank

Signed up with a tracker
Selected 2 products in the same niche.

Currently working on Keyword research - arrange the keywords into Single Keyword Ad Groups(SkaGs) - I've read this helps in having relevant and targeted ads

Good luck!

What tracker are you going to use?

Did you have any success with Bing before?

I will be using the bemob tracker, It's my first time with Bing.

Good luck..keep us updated.
Thanks.

Day 2:
- Keyword research complete.
- Set up Bing account and loaded it with some funds just to ensure my debit card is working
- Downloaded and installed BingAds editor for easier management of campaign.
- Setting up Affiliate network(Clickbank), Traffic Source(Bing) , Offer (from clickbank), Tracking Domain on the tracker. Took a while to figure out which parameters to put where but in the end I was able to set up everything well.

- Opened and account with Get-response to capture leads

Bought 2 domains : 1 for tracking and 1 for hosting the landing page.

Next plan of action:
- set up lander and relevant content
- Set up campaign on Bing ad account

I was not able to find a way to pass the cost parameter from bing to tracker...if there is a way someone pls share with me. Otherwise I intend to do it manually when I start running the campaign

Day 3:
Today I mainly concentrated on coming up with some content for the lander and setting up the lander on my server.

Next action:
Finalize on setting up the campaign and everything else.
I hope to start sending some traffic from bing:) tomorrow

Day 4 & 5
- I was able to create ads - 3 different ads for each adgroup
- Tested the tracking to see it was working.
- I completed setting up the campaign and launched it.

Feeling great reaching here so far... those technical tracking and lander set ups seemed intimidating, but with YouTube and some online tutorials I managed to set up the campaign.

Budget $20/day

I'm going to leave it to run for about 3 days to get some data. I'll be checking negative keywords and adding them regularly.

I've started receiving visits and clicks. no conversion yet. I can't wait to see my first conversion:)

aZBdzxt.png

Last edited:
Day 6:
I've let the campaign to run for 3 days without any adjustments and I'm glad to say that I got one sale+upsell :)
$38.04
tFEsar5.png

Breakdown for the 3 days I've been running the campaign, I've set my max cpc to be $1
Sunday : Spent: $21.54 Clicks: 18 Conversions(amount): 0($0) Average CPC: 1.20
vs2yP6s.png

Monday : Spent: $23.12 Clicks: 6 Conversions(amount): 0($0) Average CPC: 3.85 (High Cpc happened because I set desktop device bid adjustment to 900%)
EEf1O9o.png

Tuesday : Spent: $21.34 Clicks: 28 Conversions(amount):1 (38.04) Average CPC: 0.76

UKLaTLz.png

I guess I will have to sync all the time zone the one that clickbank uses.
Clickbank uses Pacific time
bemob Tracker uses default UTC
Bing uses my country timezone .
this really caused a lot of confusion in determining when the conversion came but I've figured it now.

Another thing I saw that Bing offers Desktop/Smartphone/Tablet options. For now I will concentrate on Desktop

A mistake I made when selecting Desktop bid adjustment I made it 900% I thought it would result in me getting alot of desktop traffic but it resulted in me paying CPC of $3.85 as seen above. So guys if you want desktop traffic alone just set
Smartphone = - 100%
Tablet = - 100%
leave Desktop without any bid adjustment

Another thing I don't know why Clickbank is not firing back conversions. I had to upload the conversion manually to my tracker. if there are people familiar with this pls share.

Total Spent on Campaign: $66
Total Revenue: $38.04
Profit: - $27.96
ROI: -42.36%

Next:
Now that I have accomplished my goal of getting a conversion, I will let the campaign run one more day then I will start working on ROI.

Happy week guys!

Day 8:
After removing non performing adgroups, I'm still getting good visits and clicks to my lander but no conversions.
The next thing I will work on is coming up with another lander and see if I will get better results.

I thought this would be a smooth ride traffic > lander > offer = $$$
but seems I will have to really do some testing to see what the audience I'm targeting wants.

I thought this would be a smooth ride traffic > lander > offer = $$$
but seems I will have to really do some testing to see what the audience I'm targeting wants.

It's never that easy. Last time I tried that path - I failed. Bing became too expensive for me to be that simple. In one year period, my bid in winning campaign went from 0.25 to 0.75. It was just crazy expensive to continue.

At this point, I thinking about creating a list first. I don't have any other solution...

Last August to this month cpc bid are expensive on Bing ads when you target USA geo ! Before august low bid cpc are cheap but I do not know that why increase bid Cpc on USA target on Q4 ! I think Maybe after few months will change to reduce cpc bid!

After a lot of research on affiliate marketing I've decided to take action and start this journey to keep focused as I try to apply what I've read.

Day 1:
Traffic to begin with: Bing
Affiliate platform: Clickbank

Signed up with a tracker
Selected 2 products in the same niche.

Currently working on Keyword research - arrange the keywords into Single Keyword Ad Groups(SkaGs) - I've read this helps in having relevant and targeted ads

hi great journey? what tracker do you use? Is BeMob good?

Last August to this month cpc bid are expensive on Bing ads when you target USA geo ! Before august low bid cpc are cheap but I do not know that why increase bid Cpc on USA target on Q4 ! I think Maybe after few months will change to reduce cpc bid!

But USA traffic converts best. And it is the biggest market on Bing. Bing doesn't have that big traffic volume to only target NZ, UK, or AU. If you don't have USA market, there is no way you can find enough traffic to make $100-500 per day...

Hmmm ... who needs Google :) marking this thread -- best of luck.

I know you are probably only joking, Graybeard, but I can say from experience that sometimes Bing doesn't have the volume of traffic you need, depending on the niche/verticles.

Dont get me wrong, I love Bing and have been with them for a couple of years, but I've discovered that it doesn't work well for "everything".

banners
Back