The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Bing + Adsbridge - Finally Signed Up

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
I've been wanting to try Bing for a while now. To date, the only PPC I've done is with 7Search.

So, I finally decided to take the plunge while a $100 coupon was still available and signed up last night.

Haven't started any campaigns yet but here are my Bing Newbie impressions thus far...

What I Liked
- You can sign in with a Microsoft account (although, I didn't want to) very quickly

- There are tutorials including one that walks you through setting up your campaign

- A Bing representative will set up your campaign for you if you ask - free of charge (I'm not going to, I want to learn how to do it myself)

What I Loved
- Their customer service is awesome! I had to use the chat support twice this morning, couldn't get the extended keyword research app to install. With HostGator, I have to wait 30 minutes; with Bing, they responded IMMEDIATELY. Both times, right there like they were waiting for me. :) I really, really like that.

What I Didn't Like
- More than once, the site forced me to sign in with my personal Hotmail account. No idea why. A couple of times, it let me sign in with the account I registered with.

- When signing up, they asked for my phone number three times. I can see having to use it as ID verification but why do they need it so many times? What are they going to do with it? I'm probably just being overly suspicious.

What I Was So-So About
- You have to choose between pre-pay and post-pay. Pre-pay is the best option for me at the moment and it will always have to be because you can't change it later. Not a big deal for me now and hopefully never will be. If it gets to that point, I'm hoping a phone call would take care of it, or maybe I'd have to close the account and open a new one. I dunno, won't worry about it until/unless the time comes.

Update - Correction: Found this today - "Customers can now switch between prepay and postpay payment settings"

For anyone else wanting to get your feet wet with Bing, I think the coupons are good until the end of the year and they take seven days to arrive, so grab one while you can.
Bing Ads Coupon Code 2015 – Free $100 Credit for the Holidays! – Small Business Web Center

I also signed up for Adsbridge tonight, as I've also been wanting to try their platform, too. My plan, at this moment anyway, is to use Adsbridge in my first Bing campaign. I'll be learning two new platforms at the same time. Might mean I'm a glutton for punishment.

The interface in Adsbridge seems fairly straight forward, although I'm a little confused thus far as to whether I'm supposed to use Create Offer or Create Campaign. I've only poked around a bit, might still find the info somewhere.

Anyway, if you have any pointers on either of these platforms, I'm all ears and grateful. Meanwhile, I'll be doing k/w research. :)

Last edited:
Welcom to join Bing mate! Firstly I wanna let you know you can get free $200 credit via Fiverr (yes i am sure).
Then I wanna know do you track you bing KWs successfully by AdsBridge? I have added Bing as my traffic (see below) source but about 1 week past I can't get my KWs report & still can't fix the problem correctly.
bing_ads_tokens.jpg

"
Q: I see some people selling Bing Ads coupon codes on forums. Is this legitimate?

A: It is against Bing Ads’ guidelines to buy or sell coupon codes. Do you know who the seller is? If not, you risk losing your money. Also, Bing Ads does not typically give out credit above $100, so if you see anything more than this amount, it might be a red flag.
"

Requirements for Bing Ads Coupon Redemption – Small Business Web Center

I'd suggest to stay away from fiverr and similar sites for coupons. Maybe for semrush accounts it works, but I wouldn't try this with a PPC account

Welcom to join Bing mate! Firstly I wanna let you know you can get free $200 credit via Fiverr (yes i am sure).

Then I wanna know do you track you bing KWs successfully by AdsBridge? I have added Bing as my traffic (see below) source but about 1 week past I can't get my KWs report & still can't fix the problem correctly.

Thanks for the Big Bing Welcome! :)

Thank-you for the suggestion about fiverr but I didn't want to go that route, it's against Bing's TOS.

Edit - went back and read your post again and noticed that you said they are available from fiverr for free. You're sure those are trustworthy? I can't use it, I've already put in for mine from Bing.

I'm wondering if the seven day wait is so they have time to check the validity of the coupons? I don't know, just thinking aloud. Well, aprint.

Re Adsbridge, I don't know yet, haven't gotten that far. I browsed some of the tutorials (briefly) and I know that with their interface redesign, people were having trouble finding their report variables. From what I understand, things that used to show are now concealed in pull down menus...somewhere, didn't worry about that much yet.

I'll bet your kws are there, just hiding. If all else fails, try contacting @Nick AdsBridge and ask. I'd start by checking their help/tuts.

Thanks for the Big Bing Welcome! :)

Thank-you for the suggestion about fiverr but I didn't want to go that route, it's against Bing's TOS.

Edit - went back and read your post again and noticed that you said they are available from fiverr for free. You're sure those are trustworthy? I can't use it, I've already put in for mine from Bing.

I'm wondering if the seven day wait is so they have time to check the validity of the coupons? I don't know, just thinking aloud. Well, aprint.

Re Adsbridge, I don't know yet, haven't gotten that far. I browsed some of the tutorials (briefly) and I know that with their interface redesign, people were having trouble finding their report variables. From what I understand, things that used to show are now concealed in pull down menus...somewhere, didn't worry about that much yet.

I'll bet your kws are there, just hiding. If all else fails, try contacting @Nick AdsBridge and ask. I'd start by checking their help/tuts.
Hey there, @azgold !

Hope you're great!

Despite there were some issues caused with the redesign at the release moment, now it works awesome, our customers love it, the statistics works properly.
Regarding the help with settings - feel free to ask, I am over here and glad to help :)

Hey there, @azgold !

Hope you're great!

Despite there were some issues caused with the redesign at the release moment, now it works awesome, our customers love it, the statistics works properly.
Regarding the help with settings - feel free to ask, I am over here and glad to help :)

Just got say I love AdsBridge however I've been having a problem with my timezone not staying correctly set.

As for finding your keywords within AdsBridge did you remember to setup the tokens in the traffic source area?

Hey there, @azgold !

Hope you're great!

Thanks @Nick AdsBridge ! I'm sure I'll be asking for help. :)

Yeah, the interface looks really good, can't wait to get everything figured out and use it.

As for finding your keywords within AdsBridge did you remember to setup the tokens in the traffic source area?

No because I haven't set up a campaign yet but I will watch for that. Thanks for the heads up!

Welcome to bing. One of my favourite PPC traffic source. The thing i love most about bing is their top notch support.

Thx! :) I agree, the support is amazing!

I ran into a mental snag....was reading the terms (on Bing) for ads running to/from Canada. Apparently, the ad link has to go directly to the product or service promised, no in-between pages. I have two Canadian offers that I'm going to run there, plus I live in Canada. Soooo, if I understand correctly, I cannot throw up a landing/squeeze page between the ad and the advertiser's lander. Okay, I can live with that for my first venture with Bing. I'm in the learning phase and this is nothing like 7S so far. :)

What all this means though, is that I will be direct linking. Which brings me to a couple of questions:

1. Will using AdsBridge as my tracker get my links/ad approved? What I mean is, does Bing like their links better than aff links?

2. Can I set up a landing page with AdsBridge that's just a meta refresh to get around the DL and is that better? I'm using the free account right now.

3. Does AdsBridge supply custom subdomains (from one of their domains)?

4. Is there a minimum deposit for Bing? Thought I read somewhere that there isn't but can't find it again. I'd like to get things rolling while I wait for my $100 coupon. Not sure why that takes a week but I don't want to wait that long if I don't have to. The offer could get pulled and all my work would be for nothing. :)

5. Anybody get the Intelligence Tool to work? They've never gotten back to me with a solution and it just refuses to install on my system.

Okay, that was more than a couple of questions, sorry. :)

I have done a bit more research and written up four ads, so I'm ready to rock and roll when everything's lined up. Apparently, you can use URLs as k/ws - huh! Who knew. Not sure how expensive that would be but I'll find out.

If anybody has tips or advice for this Bing Newbie, I'm happy to read 'em.

Think that's all that's on my mind about it this Sunday morning. Off to make coffee now! Thanks, guys.

Hi tom804! Just one or two questions if you don't mind. So when using adsbridge I can track my keywords from Bing and I do not need prosper202 anymore? do the adsbridge landers load fast? Thank you.

Hi tom804! Just one or two questions if you don't mind. So when using adsbridge I can track my keywords from Bing and I do not need prosper202 anymore? do the adsbridge landers load fast? Thank you.

Yeah you can track keywords from Bing within Adsbridge. Under traffic source tab where you create the traffic source you can enter the tokens that fit you needs.

Here's where and how you insert the tokens from Bing.

Screenshot_1.png

Keep in mind these are the tokens I chose to use; but there are more available for whatever your needs are.

As for landing pages I only use my own self hosted ones. I haven't played around with using theirs.

I can't find Bing as a choice. When I try to add it, it doesn't save. Think I don't know what I'm doing. :)

Since Bing stipulates that Canadian links have to go directly to the product or service, I've decided to do this first one as a DL. IF I can figure out how to set it up.

Not 100% sure, still running it all through my mind.

My other thought is to use a meta refresh page on my blog and use that link.

I can't find Bing as a choice. When I try to add it, it doesn't save. Think I don't know what I'm doing. :)

Since Bing stipulates that Canadian links have to go directly to the product or service, I've decided to do this first one as a DL. IF I can figure out how to set it up.

Not 100% sure, still running it all through my mind.

My other thought is to use a meta refresh page on my blog and use that link.

Are you selecting Traffic Sources then Create Traffic Source?

1.png

After entering all the needed (name, tokens, etc) info you then click on save at the bottom.

2.png

Ah, yes. I remember now...I did go there BUT got confused with the postback URL, not sure what to put there since it is in the create traffic source.

Mind you, I've been assuming that creating a traffic source is something you do once then select it for campaigns. Maybe that's not right.

Guess I really need to poke around there some more.

Ah, yes. I remember now...I did go there BUT got confused with the postback URL, not sure what to put there since it is in the create traffic source.

Mind you, I've been assuming that creating a traffic source is something you do once then select it for campaigns. Maybe that's not right.

Guess I really need to poke around there some more.

Don't worry about the post back url it doesn't apply for Bing.

MI
Back