The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Review Betasender TEST? (new autoresponder)

John_Vianny

Yesterday i've seen an ads regarding this new autoresponder
called Betasender.

www.betasender.com

It has the automation like ActiveCampaign, with "Go To" feature too (it allows
you to set a contact to go to another point of the automation), and unbelievable...

..is FREE til 5000 contacts.

Perfect for newbie i thought, may be good to send to my list.

BUT for me it sounds TOO GOOD to be true.

So i give it to check to my friend who's a Tech Expert, Hosting Provider, etc,
and he gave me these screenshots:

ePcSLza.png

He said " Betasender starts its emails from here limestonenetworks.com
I would not trust a lot
reverse is not configured and ip blacklist"

So what what do you think?

Last edited:
Those list of blacklists aren't gospel. Besides, they aren't sending emails from that IP. The emails for betasend.com come from 50.31.156.121 and I'd wager the IPs for customers are on a different set of ranges. Heck, they're on quite a few whitelists (DNSWL, MailSpike., etc.) and have mail certification (ISIPP). They know what they are doing.

My tech friend said:

" If their main ip is misconfigured (no reverse) and blacklisted it means that some problems they have.
It is difficult to obtain certifications when you have this type of problem.

Then for a deep test, we should open a test account and make analysis on the sources and trace to understand the type of traffic used if it is good or not. "

That IP address in your initial post isn't sending email. It's only receiving.

I've already provided you with one IP they use for transactional/marketing emails.

image.png

They are white-listed at HostKarma, MailSpike & DNSWL.

They have a 99 rating on SenderScore (ReturnPath).
image.png

They have ISIPP accreditation i.e. like ReturnPath, but a lot cheaper.

They're all green @ Senderbase for this range of IPs.
image.png

Those blacklists are usually used by someone running their own internal SMTP that is using one of the spam milters/services. I highly doubt that most email admins use the vast majority of those listed. My postscreen config below pretty much stops most spam servers at connection and this, in my opinion, is somewhat overkill. Most stuff is caught by either SpamHaus or DNSWL if they pass the proper SMTP RFC tests which is rare.

image.png

Besides, zero of the freemailers (AOL/Google/Microsoft/Yahoo) and non of the residential ISPs use any of those blacklists. They all have their own internal portal filtering and/or use a combination of commercial ones like Brightmail, Cloudmark, ReturnPath, etc.

banners
Back