The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best ways of recruiting affiliates?

fbeater

affiliate
Based on your personal experiences, what are some of the best ways of recruiting affiliates to promote your products? I think many people here would find this topic interesting. :rolleyes:

A simple google search of the product/service you want to promote and then contacting the results is one way many affiliates are recruited. Posting on forums, link exchange, and SEO are all methods as well. There are many more but these would be where most people start.:)

A tip when searching would be to find who your competitors or sites similar to yours are linking to. Try typing link: www.competitordomain.com into search engines and see what you find. You should be able to find many good potential affiliates that way.

Then after reviewing their site send them an insightful inquiry that shows them that you took the time to look at their site and also promotes conversation not necessarily selling them your stuff. I think this is the best way to recruit good affiliates, and that is what you should really want. It may be a little more time consuming but it is worth it. If they don't respond to the email after a while, try picking up the phone. Hope this helps, good luck!

I've found some great affiliates by just hanging out in affiliate forums and getting to know people, too. Affiliate Summit and similar events are also great places to make connections with potential affiliates. That's especially true if you meet them socially as opposed to meeting them at your booth.

Messageboards, Forums and other affiliate networking sites are of course a great way to find new affiliates.

Also email and even in some cases phone calls to websites that you feel would be a good fit for your program. Not general spammy emails. Individually and personally crafted emails that explains what you like about their website and why you feel your affiliate program is a good fit for THEM.

Some people may disagree that emailing is a bad way to go, but I have found it to still be one of the most effective way of getting new affiliates.

You can of course use Adwords and spend $1.00 per click on the work "Affiliate program" but you will find a lot of the affiliate sign-ups from PPC advertising are very new to affiliate marketing and sometimes, not worth the $100.

Personally if you ask me theirs only 1 way to do it and do it successfully.

Put in the time to make relationships. Then help them and give them the tools they need to succeed. One thing I always liked about dealing with certain companies is them giving me what I needed for success. Keyword lists that work, build out custom stuff for me to run to and things like that.

If you're willing to work with the big affiliates most of them know what they're doing and can help you improve your offer. If you you do the standard "Hey run my offer it's great" most will just chuckle.

It comes down to relationships, relationships, relationships. Jump on forums and become part of the conversation. Put together and write blog posts on how to market your product and make money doing it. Then you'll get some real interest.

Almost sounds like you need an affiliate program to find affiliates....

Isn't it so that affiliates just want to make as much profit from promoting someone elses products or services as possible?
So what it comes down to is that you need the best products with a good commission fee in order to make it interesting for affiliates.

Is it then more interesting for an affiliate to earn a high fee for a new product or a lower fee for a popular product?

Almost sounds like you need an affiliate program to find affiliates....

Isn't it so that affiliates just want to make as much profit from promoting someone elses products or services as possible?
So what it comes down to is that you need the best products with a good commission fee in order to make it interesting for affiliates.

Is it then more interesting for an affiliate to earn a high fee for a new product or a lower fee for a popular product?

Yes it's hard to find good targeted affiliates and one of the problems is all the competition for affiliate's attention. Not even just competing programs in your own space but in general.

Yes they want the best products and the best commission and conversion rates are also key.

As far as your last Q - yes to both. Some affiliates like to promote something new that's not saturated and some prefer to market a popular product or well known brand. It just really varies.

I totally agree with all of what you guys are saying. I have however, seen some average products do really well because they have a great sales copy, got into the game early and locked in some quality affiliates. I guess it is all relative to market saturation for whatever the product is.

I totally agree with all of what you guys are saying. I have however, seen some average products do really well because they have a great sales copy, got into the game early and locked in some quality affiliates. I guess it is all relative to market saturation for whatever the product is.

But the sales copy is part of the equation for good affliates. The product is only one part of the puzzle.

Hi...

Hello friends ,

The best way to recruiting affiliates is just log on to the best forum site post a letter and invite affiliates to join you and tell some benefits if they join you then you will will be having lot of affiliates.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the info.But I think most forums do not allow you to contact affiliates upfront.Have you been able to recruit good affiliates through forums within a short span of time.I think one has to first get active on forums,get to know people and as mentioned by all,develop a good rapport and a good relationship and only after that the affiliates would contact you,rather than we contacting the affiliates.

This is what I have read from most of the forums.

Cheers :)

What I'm wondering is, after you've already got a potential affiliate's email address or phone number, what is the first thing you should say to them? What kind of information will they want upon first contact and what is the best way to immediately follow up once they confirm their interest?

I think the affiliates visit G to see if your product gets a good attention from quality sites and I agree if your product is saturated. I do believe they check if you have many competitors on your market. Also, they pay attention on your concept, and of course, how much they'll get.

Also, do research on affiliates website, what niche do they have. Try to contact the affiliate(s) by call or email to them. Introduce yourself and promote the offers that related to their niches. This will help ease the comfort zone and soon can move to develop a business relationship.

Many affiliates like to promote similar topics. So here are a few steps to find affiliates looking to promote your item.

Step 1 - go to ClickBank (CJ, etc.) and type in your subject.

Step 2 - find a couple of the websites with high gravity/popularity

Step 3 - place that link in Quantcast.com and they will show you similar sites (many of which will be affiliates). You can also use software like "Super Affiliate Generator" or PPC Bully to find affiliates.

The good thing about this approach is that it weeds out the 'wannabes' from the folks who are actively promoting.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Lets summarize all the posts and the ways to recruit affiliates are:

>> Search with your product / service reviews in Google / Yahoo / Bing and find the top 1000 sites which are relevant. Find their contact details if available on their website. If not, then check from WHOIS and contact them through email and followup phone calls.

>> Submit your affiliate program in all major affiliate directories and affiliates will found you.

>> Use display advertisements. Find high traffic relevant websites related to your domain and advertise with them.

>> Follow more and more relevant people on Twitter and ask them to visit your affiliate program page.

>> If you can afford, take part in affiliate conferences.

>> Stay active in affiliate forums. Just not for the sake of promoting your program but help them with your real knowledge.

Hey yogi, thanks for that summary!

I just remembered seeing an interesting blog post about affiliate recruiting
with a new idea I hadn't thought of. Let me go see if I can find it.

banners
Back