The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Best strategies to test new campaigns and offers!

Tacocat

affiliate
I'm trying to get my feet vet in affiliate.

I've picked two offers to promote. Offer A has 3.5$ payouy, Offer B has 6$ payout.

I have limited budget per month. Around 200$ that I can spend to test campaigns.

What would be the best strategy right out of the gate to test the campaign?

Build two landing pages for each offer with different angles and then spend 50$ on each landing page to buy data.

Or

Build 2 landing pages for one offer and spend 100$ on each of the landing pages to buy data.

Or

Maybe just build 1 landing page and spend all 200$ to buy data.

Let me know if you have any tips or ideas.

P.S. I will be targeting USA market with Facebook CPC ads.

@tyoussef PeerFly

The offers are as follow:

Offer A pays per game install, its an MMORPG

Offer B pays per form submit.

The traffic source will be Facebook PPC advertising.

they are not closer to each other
the bist thing u can do is u select 4 exemple 3 gaming offers and promote them i one single campaign
that Will Be Good 4 u i think

@tyoussef PeerFly

The offers are as follow:

Offer A pays per game install, its an MMORPG

Offer B pays per form submit.

The traffic source will be Facebook PPC advertising.

• Stick with one offer for now. Research to see which one has the greatest potential and confirm the market is responsive to the offer.
  • A $200 budget is not sufficient for a monthly budget. The data won't be accurate enough. You need to spend at least $20 a day and that really isn't all that much. At $20 per day you are spending three times the payout to gather data. I wouldn't spend less than that for data.
  • Create at least three landing pages to rotate.
  • Create at least three creatives to rotate.
Which tracker are you using?

• Stick with one offer for now. Research to see which one has the greatest potential and confirm the market is responsive to the offer.
  • A $200 budget is not sufficient for a monthly budget. The data won't be accurate enough. You need to spend at least $20 a day and that really isn't all that much. At $20 per day you are spending three times the payout to gather data. I wouldn't spend less than that for data.
  • Create at least three landing pages to rotate.
  • Create at least three creatives to rotate.
Which tracker are you using?

Great Suggestion

@T J Tutor I'm just getting my feet wet in the AFF marketing, so excuse my noob questions, with that said:

What do you think is the best way to confirm that the offer is responsive to the market? Well I can see that it has one of the highest EPC and CR. Would that be sufficient?

200$ is what I've got that I can spend per month without cutting into my living expenses (and those are at bare minimum). So that will have to do.

Three creatives per landing page, am I right?

By the way, what is the best way to rotate landing pages? Should I just create three seperate campaigns for each landing page?

I'm no using any tracker at the moment since I haven't started, but I was looking at some free trackers that were recomended here.

@T J Tutor
What do you think is the best way to confirm that the offer is responsive to the market? Well I can see that it has one of the highest EPC and CR. Would that be sufficient?

Well, for example, you've selected a couple of good indicators, but you haven't considered the public view. You can always do additional research by searching for product, service, and customer experience reviews and reports.

You can also use additional sources like OfferVault, MakeMassive, oDigger, and AffPlus to compare the data on CR and EPC.

200$ is what I've got that I can spend per month

What I referred to is that you don't want to use $200 over a period of a month. You will get more reliable data from using $200 over a 7 day period. Using $200 over a 30 day period won't give you reliable data.

Three creatives per landing page, am I right?

I prefer to start with five creatives and five landing pages. But you are new and need to learn to rotate landers and creatives, consequently three of each will do. You want to find the combination that works best. Once you have a good handle on creating landers and creatives and learn well how to rotate them and read the data, then I recommend stepping up to five of each.

With three landers and three creatives, you will have nine combinations. Of these combinations you will find which perform best when reading your tracker's data. Once you have identified the best performer(s), then you can scale the campaign(s) up.

By the way, what is the best way to rotate landing pages? Should I just create three seperate campaigns for each landing page?

Most trackers today have scripts that you can add to your landing pages so that you can rotate them.

Most traffic sources today have a means for rotating banners and other types of creatives sometimes as well.

I'm no using any tracker at the moment since I haven't started, but I was looking at some free trackers that were recomended here.

I highly recommend using a premium tracker with a free trial period. You will find them to typically be easier to use and with much better support. As well, popular trackers are easier to get member advice and guidance from as that's what they are using, a premium tracker.

I'm trying to get my feet vet in affiliate.

I've picked two offers to promote. Offer A has 3.5$ payouy, Offer B has 6$ payout.

I have limited budget per month. Around 200$ that I can spend to test campaigns.

What would be the best strategy right out of the gate to test the campaign?

Build two landing pages for each offer with different angles and then spend 50$ on each landing page to buy data.

Or

Build 2 landing pages for one offer and spend 100$ on each of the landing pages to buy data.

Or

Maybe just build 1 landing page and spend all 200$ to buy data.

Let me know if you have any tips or ideas.

P.S. I will be targeting USA market with Facebook CPC ads.

@Tacocat the best way to know which offer covert with the best traffic source/platform is to ask to your AM, do not be fooled by the nice looking offer page.

that's doesn't matter at all, in fact before deciding to start running any campaign in any vertical you should talk with your AM and make sure what work for others marketers and what it doesn't.

ask which offer convert NOW with the traffic source you are using (in this case FB PPC)

just do what others are doing!

do not be afraid to run the same offer other gazillion marketers are running because competition means there are money to be made.

PS: a profitable campaign is not found, it's created! ...hope this help.

cheers

Jonathan

Well, for example, you've selected a couple of good indicators, but you haven't considered the public view. You can always do additional research by searching for product, service, and customer experience reviews and reports.

You can also use additional sources like OfferVault, MakeMassive, oDigger, and AffPlus to compare the data on CR and EPC.

What I referred to is that you don't want to use $200 over a period of a month. You will get more reliable data from using $200 over a 7 day period. Using $200 over a 30 day period won't give you reliable data.

I prefer to start with five creatives and five landing pages. But you are new and need to learn to rotate landers and creatives, consequently three of each will do. You want to find the combination that works best. Once you have a good handle on creating landers and creatives and learn well how to rotate them and read the data, then I recommend stepping up to five of each.

With three landers and three creatives, you will have nine combinations. Of these combinations you will find which perform best when reading your tracker's data. Once you have identified the best performer(s), then you can scale the campaign(s) up.

Most trackers today have scripts that you can add to your landing pages so that you can rotate them.

Most traffic sources today have a means for rotating banners and other types of creatives sometimes as well.

I highly recommend using a premium tracker with a free trial period. You will find them to typically be easier to use and with much better support. As well, popular trackers are easier to get member advice and guidance from as that's what they are using, a premium tracker.

@T J Tutor Searching for reviews is a great tip, I don't know why I din't thought of that.

Can you really see the EPC and CR on Offervault and other platforms, I didn't register yet, I just checked it out, I didn't see it without registering. I asked my AM on peerfly about offer that are converting on social, they said that they don't provide that kind of information.

I noticed that in Peerfly a lot of the offers have 0 EPC and 0 CR, does that mean it is new or not converting? Should I even try to go for it?

Yeah, I never intended to spread the 200$ for the whole month, probably I will run 20$ a day or something like that.

I will take a look at Volum tracker, as I've heard a lot about it.

@Tacocat the best way to know which offer covert with the best traffic source/platform is to ask to your AM

I wouldn't call this the best way, but it is certainly one of the good practices. You have to measure what you learn from your AM to the results you get from other sources. Always verify information from your sources!

do not be fooled by the nice looking offer page.

Well, I would reword this. I think it's best to understand that both good looking pages and bad looking pages can produce. There are many examples of ugly landing pages and offer pages that work.

Your point is a good one though, but rather that saying "don't be fooled", I would say don't judge the success of something by it's appearance. (don't judge a book by it's cover)

a profitable campaign is not found, it's created!

YEP! All day long!

I wouldn't call this the best way, but it is certainly one of the good practices. You have to measure what you learn from your AM to the results you get from other sources. Always verify information from your sources!

Affiliate Manager mostly operates with the global data received from numerous publishers. As it's well-known , average statistics never guarrantee good ROI for a particular case. So, I'd prefer to collect my own data for analysis before making a decision.

I asked my AM on peerfly about offer that are converting on social, they said that they don't provide that kind of information.

In those cases, when network declines to provide a publisher with information, it is a good reason to think about another network to cooperate.

I noticed that in Peerfly a lot of the offers have 0 EPC and 0 CR, does that mean it is new or not converting? Should I even try to go for it?

When offfer has 0.00 EPC - it usually means that no any lead took place (that may be either because of low efficiency or lack of traffic sent).

My best advice is that you build two different landing pages and be able to use them in getting your campaigns done. It is the best way for you to maximize on the little that you have. Having two different landing pages even though may be involving but it brings good results at the end of the day. So better just plan well and get into this. All the best.

banners
Back