The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best sources to learn competition analysis?

kurajiskas

affiliate
For someone who aspires to create micro niche sites, what is the best way to learn to evaluation competition? Web sites, ebooks, tea leaves, prayer?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there, I do a lot of niche sites but not 100% sure what you are asking? If you let me know I'll do my best to help you out...

Do you mean competition of keywords, competition of sites in top 10 or something else entirely?

Let me know and we can go from there :)

For someone who aspires to create micro niche sites, what is the best way to learn to evaluation competition? Web sites, ebooks, tea leaves, prayer?
Prayer could be good, however you have forgotten Coffee grounds reading :)

No, joking aside, I would recommend traffic travis for a first competition analysis.

Only three days ago there was a thread about it here:
http://www.cpafix.com/f9/traffic-travis-v4-$29-time-sensitive-offer-3986/

You simply can take the free version, but please watch the intro-vids.
traffic travis can help you with a first competition analysis for both, SEO and PPC.

I hope this helps a bit. Best of luck!

Hi there, I do a lot of niche sites but not 100% sure what you are asking? If you let me know I'll do my best to help you out...

Do you mean competition of keywords, competition of sites in top 10 or something else entirely?

Let me know and we can go from there :)

I was primarily speaking of keyword competition, and finding out of the top sites for these keywords can be beat...or at least given some good competition.

Prayer could be good, however you have forgotten Coffee grounds reading :)

No, joking aside, I would recommend traffic travis for a first competition analysis.

Only three days ago there was a thread about it here:
http://www.cpafix.com/f9/traffic-travis-v4-$29-time-sensitive-offer-3986/

You simply can take the free version, but please watch the intro-vids.
traffic travis can help you with a first competition analysis for both, SEO and PPC.

I hope this helps a bit. Best of luck!

Thanks for the suggestion!

I was primarily speaking of keyword competition, and finding out of the top sites for these keywords can be beat...or at least given some good competition.

Market Samurai is good... As is Traffic Travis... And there are free ways to do it too if you'd rather, let me know and I'll elaborate...

Are we talking PPC or SEO?

There are some simple methods that can sometimes yield reasonable results...

Firstly, in terms of finding your competition, do a search and look through some results. Take the relevant ones and pop them in to Google Ad Planner, Quantcast, Alexa etc to see what other sites visitors visit.

For analyzing their keywords you could look at their search results, articles, tags, meta data (title, description, keywords).

To go deep and ease the process, listen to advice above :)

Are we talking PPC or SEO?

There are some simple methods that can sometimes yield reasonable results...

Firstly, in terms of finding your competition, do a search and look through some results. Take the relevant ones and pop them in to Google Ad Planner, Quantcast, Alexa etc to see what other sites visitors visit.

For analyzing their keywords you could look at their search results, articles, tags, meta data (title, description, keywords).

To go deep and ease the process, listen to advice above :)

We are talking SEO, can you explain this a bit more?

all the advice above is great. However, you can over SEO something to the point of diminishing returns. My advice although simple is affective and it has already been hit on.

Pick a niche...maybe do some keyword analysis from Google and pick something that is not as saturated. pick other relative keywords based on your choice
create an attractive landing page with good content...but you must also update this content very regularly. Be as original as you can and stay away from copy and paste information. using a service is a good idea if you can fit this into your budget.

+1 for Market Samurai :)

When i was a noob[i'm still a noob :) ] , i was using "for keyword suggestions" to look at the competition bar in the Google Keyword Tool.

Google keyword ideas and competition analysis is actually competition for advertisers,the amount of bidding going on for that particular keyword. So if you are making an Adsense site, you want the competition to be "High" in the Google Keyword

More Competition=More Bidders=Better Payout

This is NOT the SEO competition

But still can help for SEO;)

all the advice above is great. However, you can over SEO something to the point of diminishing returns. My advice although simple is affective and it has already been hit on.

Pick a niche...maybe do some keyword analysis from Google and pick something that is not as saturated. pick other relative keywords based on your choice
create an attractive landing page with good content...but you must also update this content very regularly. Be as original as you can and stay away from copy and paste information. using a service is a good idea if you can fit this into your budget.

Beautiful!

Content and quality over backlinks and quantity.

banners
Back