The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best SEO techniques 2016?

Akshaysapra

Hey Tim,
Being in the affiliate marketing I am building backlinks using Social networks, forum sites and knowem(site where you can find good PR sites to build links on) but nothing seems to work quite well! Can you please suggest some of the powerful and easy SEO tricks for niche websites? You know we're affiliates and not a brand that someone will automatically link to us or will be willing to link to us! It seems difficult to get no.1 ranking in google for even a simple keyword!
Thanks anyways!

Social media backlinks are a waste of time in my experiance and testing they do nothing, there is also no confirmation from Google that they are factored into their algo. You maybe just building backlinks that are too weak for the competition of the keyword you are trying to rank.

Social media backlinks are a waste of time in my experiance and testing they do nothing, there is also no confirmation from Google that they are factored into their algo. You maybe just building backlinks that are too weak for the competition of the keyword you are trying to rank.
Then can you suggest some of the best backlinking techniques? That we can do manually and easily.This would be a great help. I am always stuck at the second page of google for my long tail keywords. Main keyword is nowhere to be seen in google. I will definitely apply what you'll recommend and show you the results.
Thanks again!

What kind of content do you have on page? If the content is nonexistent and/or thin, it's not surprising.
I didn't get what's nonexistent or whatever you said. I have a simple niche website with my main page and keyword. And 6-10 blog posts targetting long tail keywords of affiliate products. Each blog post contain 180-200 words article and and an affiliate link that's it. For example you can visit : mentalismzone.com! I have a similar website with a different niche.

I didn't get what's nonexistent or whatever you said. I have a simple niche website with my main page and keyword. And 6-10 blog posts targetting long tail keywords of affiliate products. Each blog post contain 180-200 words article and and an affiliate link that's it. For example you can visit : mentalismzone.com! I have a similar website with a different niche.

<strike>That's a textbook example of a thin affiliate site.</strike>

I take that back. I had to look at the site in a browser session with ad blocking disabled. It looks like a Made For Adsense site.

Last edited:
Now, can you suggest some backlinking techniques. I am not able to rank!

Well, first you have to ask yourself. If I were another website owner and mentalismzone.com was not my site, what content on mentalismzone.com would compel me to link to it. Fix that first and then think about building links.

On my Wordpress sites, I don't really use any link building tools outside of the built-in pinger which is limited to the default of Pingomatic (restricted to pinging once a day by the Wordpress Ping Optimizer plugin, self-pings disabled by No Self Pinger plugin (Warning! It may affect the operation of your related posts type plugins.), a Medium.com plugin, a PubSubHubBub plugin and Social Network Auto Poster Pro* plugin for multiple social accounts (worthless if you don't put any thought behind your spintax). I write content for stuff that only interested me. The beauty of living on a planet with over 7 billion people is quite a few number of people share those same interests and mysteriously have a way of finding you.

I use a self-hosted url shortener using YOURLS which SNAP, Mautic and another program uses to autogenerate shortened urls. None of the bit.lys, goog.lyers or tinyurlers.

What kind of content do you have on page? If the content is nonexistent and/or thin, it's not surprising.

EXACTLY!

This
Well, first you have to ask yourself. If I were another website owner and mentalismzone.com was not my site, what content on mentalismzone.com would compel me to link to it. Fix that first and then think about building links.

On my Wordpress sites, I don't really use any link building tools outside of the built-in pinger which is limited to the default of Pingomatic (restricted to pinging once a day by the Wordpress Ping Optimizer plugin, self-pings disabled by No Self Pinger plugin (Warning! It may affect the operation of your related posts type plugins.), a Medium.com plugin, a PubSubHubBub plugin and Social Network Auto Poster Pro* plugin for multiple social accounts (worthless if you don't put any thought behind your spintax). I write content for stuff that only interested me. The beauty of living on a planet with over 7 billion people is quite a few number of people share those same interests and mysteriously have a way of finding you.

I use a self-hosted url shortener using YOURLS which SNAP, Mautic and another program uses to autogenerate shortened urls. None of the bit.lys, goog.lyers or tinyurlers.

YES!

Akshaysapra , you are looking to optimize a page or site that cannot ever achieve rankings and any site owners will never want to link to that type of site. It's under developed, very vanilla, no explanation for the site, nothing that you can tie a good campaign to.

Linking is beneficial only to true content marketing or any long term growth site like eCommerce, a social platform, extremely well done and active personal blogs, etc. Sites that have fresh, interesting, and compelling content that is posted daily. Especially with author credits. Your sites are not true content sites, however, content sites are great places to achieve affiliate sales.

Akshaysapra, SEO is not an immediate solution to conversions. Ranking is a daily task with long term rewards. In both content marketing, AdSense style sights, landing page funnels, etc., it's important to use highly targeted paid traffic to see significant results. Don't bother trying to rank a site like mentalismzone.com. It's just a site with imported content placed on the page to give an opportunity for you to show ads that have nothing to do with the post. You have rotating ads for Volusion, Disruptive Advertising, and other ads that are unrelated to those that would be interested in the topic of Derren Brown celebrated British illusionist that I viewed, or any of the others. Find offers that are relevant to the audience, get some real content from authors in the mentalist field, or get on a native ads program for the site.

But, is mentalism a "money" keyword? I don't think it is.

To quote from a panned movie from the 80's that was hated by the critics but loved by me:

"You have to think in Russian." - Dr. Baronovich to Gant (Clint Eastwood) in the movie Firefox

In our case, "We have to think in money".

If I were to create a niche using mentalism, I would use something along the lines of demonstrating a series of mentalism tricks as icebreakers to get women. Give away as free on your website detailed still photos of you performing each step of the mentalism trick, but offer a paid video option to demonstrate it. Always remember, people want their hands held and for some reason perceive they'll learn it easier through video. It's why you can sell a verbatim video course of a PDF costing 10 of dollars for hundreds. You don't even have to show your face, just your torso while performing a trick. You'll make a lot more money than relying on Adsense clicks.

I'd try to find rare or out of print books on mentalism tricks.

@mxyzptlkfishstiks
The SEO is always a debatable topic. :)
Yeah i agree. But still I would like to tell that its(mentalismzone) making $200-$300 from adsense, amazon and clickbank! That's isn't less I guess?
Anyways thanku soo much for your help. I've atleast learned few things from you.
I am doing some SEO in practice and will certainly share the results in future !

Yes SEO is very debatable. There is definitely value there long term but its all about good quality content and a quality user experience. I personally like paid traffic as its much quicker to test new ideas and strategies.

Google seo technique 2016 given below:

Unique content
On page modife every weakly
quality backlinks
only high page ranks site submission
blog submission
video sharing
Forum posting
Classified submission
Social media optimizations

First, Make sure that all the content that you have is of high quality and will therefore give someone a reason to always come back and have a second look of the website. You can also be sure that you share your stories and blog posts that you publish through the social media. They are the best when it comes to making the blog interactive and thus having a higher retention power than ever before. They have potential customers and vistors from different walks of life.

banners
Back