The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Beginner

M

mixhouse

Please let me know of any sites you know where I can find out more about creating a website. I've started by using MS Frontpage -- does anyone recommend this software?

Mixhouse,
FrontPage is okay for your first few sites but if you will be designing website professionally you will eventually need to use more advanced web design tools like Dreamweaver, Homesite etc.

The good thing out FrontPage is that it has loads of pre-built sites you can easily customise to meet your needs
Thanks

frontpage

Front page is really basic HTML made easy to make into a good looking page or multi page complete site. BUT go to night school (some will start after Christmas for around £30). If not start with basic HTML. Please look at what i did at www.teacher4piano.co.uk (you can use bits from "animation factory.com") But front page can use 10 lines where basic HTML will only need one line of programming (this slows the loading of the site down). After HTML try Pascal, Visual Basic, then get up to Java script (that is far less than Java itsself).
There are some good web site builders in India that can build you a site for around £100. try McCoy or VJ at sales@mccoyin.com
All the best little roger.

mixhouse

Mixhouse, how is going? Do you make any progress in HTML, do you need any andvice?

mixhouse said:
Please let me know of any sites you know where I can find out more about creating a website. I've started by using MS Frontpage -- does anyone recommend this software?
I most certainly do not recommend it for beginners. If you really want to learn HTML start by reading this: http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/
and then use Notepad to play around with your first pages.
FrontPage had (at least when I did use it a few years ago) the annoying behaviour of "correcting" even parts of code I wanted them as they were... Very frustrating and annoying, even for non-beginners :)
Another program I recommend is Homesite is you're a windows user, or Quanta/Bluefish if you're a Linux user, but again *not* a WYSIWYG editor. Learning is supposed to be done with the brain, not with the eyes...

Have a nice day

i wouldnt use frontpage personally i found it useless even when beginning

www.webmonkey.com/cheatsheet (i think thats the site) it has a lot of basic tags a lot of which arnt included in new web standards but they still work and are good for learning with
just mix and match some of the tags and you will find out what they do

id reccomend just using notepad and playing around with the tags and seing what you can do

Nothing wrong with a WYSIWYG editor, IMHO.

My own programer, a Harvard Grad, knows code in and out, yet uses DW.

The dude is good, serious.

If you like your free Yahoo e-mail, you'll like my programmer. He did it.

The Fakre is costly though... :D

Best of Luck!

Paul :D

:)

i hate Frontpage.. and that's it.. but if you want to learn html the best way is to start with the basics.. and then advance to more complex things.. a WYSIWYG editor is good for you but after you finish the creation of a layout in such an editor you will need some time to clean the code and remove the parts the editor adds in your page.. that's nasty :)

Paul: really.. you got there a very talented programmer :)

Yes, agree with Novocaine but also with Alex, will be better to start using NOTEPAD, in this way you will can imprtouve your skills, and you will can clean the code from Frontpage and other HTML editor :)

Ovi

I've owned many succesful sites and I make all of my sites in pure html or forums . I still need to learn tables etc. My knowledge i basically limited to very very small amount of php , ms paint , phpbb , basic html (pretty much , links , images , br's , <b> , <i> , <u> , and i know how to change fonts and background colors and i am doing very well with only this knowledge . I am against front page because it puts in alot of unnessacary code that makes the page load slow :)

Yes,
FrontPage and even Dreamweave add some undesirable codes to your page creation, that is why I usually advice all beginners to learn pure HTML first so that when you use IDE tool you will know what is rubbish and what is real html

Temi

At least DreamWaver have a feature that clean the code from the Dreamwaver tags, and stuff :)

Ovi

For Beginners FrontPage can often be a pain.
I'll advice you to use it in designing your site and save
the files outside FP and then use any reliable FTP program
to upload your files. The horrors you can avoid by doing this
cannot be over emphasised.

Can be FrontPages set up in a special way to work better ? I don't know FrontPage, it was a simple question... maybe it can be set.

banners
Back