The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Be Picky when Choosing Affiliate Ads, They're Probably Slowing Your Website Down

wpBenny

affiliate
Website Loading Slowly? You Can Probably Blame Ads
Original article by Ryan Sullivan, WpSiteCare
February 18, 2016

Few things are more frustrating than when you notice your website loading slowly. There are a myriad of factors that contribute to performance bottlenecks and slow page speeds, but one of the most notorious culprits that we’ve encountered recently is ad networks.

Ad networks have become the bane of the internet. It’s become enough of a problem that Google has started penalizing sites that go overboard with interstitial ads, or ads that try and trick users into downloading software.

We see ads causing performance issues on our client’s websites all the time. It’s true that you can make a decent amount of money from ad impressions, and for many publishers it’s their sole stream of revenue, but that doesn’t change the fact that poorly implemented ads, or ads that haven’t gone through quality control can cause serious performance issues that frustrate readers, and keep people from coming back to your website.

Read more here

NOTE: This is my first time posting but i've been reading for a few months now and I love the community here. I HOPE I posted correctly and didn't break any rules :) Let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice share. That's why when you're looking to buy ads in a popular website they always have the banner size and limitations so that you know what kind of banner you can use.
Something affiliates don't keep in mind all the time, and your website speed is one of the most important factors for your first time visitors.

MI
Back