The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Banners on mobile pops

plrvrs

affiliate
Hi, two quick questions:

1.) do you use banners as a pre-landers before your LPs on mobile pops?
2.) can be the sweepstakes like "Win iPhone7" still profitable, or are these kind of offers oversaturated?

Thank you :)

Hello plrvs!

1. POPs is a "Traffic type" where the user get's served a window with a full page AD, right after they enter or exit a site. There are no banners involved in the process. The way I work with pops, is that I use a landing page, that is opened in the POP itself.

2. Sweeps still work, but you are right, this vertical is quite saturated right now. People who are still running it are mostly using aggressive LPs, they claim the WIN is guaranteed etc ... which is against the rules and requires cloaking. I don't really endorse this approach.

It's still possible to make money with sweeps thou, you just need to find a GEO where it's not been promoted to death yet :)

Mat.

Thank you for you answer Matuloo.

I'm familiar with the pop traffic, but I think it was Attila, who mentioned that he is using banners (to pre-qualify the traffic). So if I understood him correctly, he opens LP with the banner in the pop window, which points to his actual LP. So I was just wondering, if you use similar approach :)

I think this must be some misunderstanding. I guess he simply referred to "using a landing page" to send the POP traffic to. And maybe he used the word "banner" to name the actual design elements he used on the LP.

If you put a banner on a pre-lander and only show the real LP to those who actually click that banner ... you will get more qualified traffic indeed, but the fall-off will be so big that you will lose your arm and leg ;)

You need to be very aggressive on the LP already, make sure it pulls clicks like crazy, use alert scripts wherever allowed and also use a backbutton script if the source allows it ... there is no time for showing a banner and waiting for people to click. Maybe this worked in the 90s but not anymore I'm afraid :(

It seems to me that people are no longer interested in such things. Or it may attract the attention of a small percentage of customers.

Any methods may be relevant.
It all depends on your target audience and the way you do business.
The main thing here is to understand exactly what you want to get from it - to increase sales, attract attention, increase website traffic, etc.

MI
Back