Bad Online Ranking

Just my thoughts and opinion:

• Thin, spammy copy
  • High bounce rate
  • Keyword stuffing
  • No visitors
  • Forbidden topics
  • Plastered with ads and/or outbound dofollow links
That's all I can think of at the moment.

In addition to azgold, never copy content from other websites, even if you change some words. A BIG mistake I made is to download a paid template from an unknown source. It had a virus that dropped me from first positions on google when I had high rankings.

For my opinion it will be spam content like a copy content, the usage of keywords, and the spam websites or blogs that you're posting.

The competition is either better that you or has gamed Google until they get caught and slapped down -- I have been doing this since 2001 ;) There really are no rules for scamming SERPs. What sort of website in what vertical?

However, if you have 'thin' content (<look that one up) or bad UX (user experience) you won't rank highly.
Define badly? Do you track your positions with Google Webmaster Search Console?

Originally, in relation to conversion optimization this heat map also is very similar to the factors of on-page SEO that I believe search engines are leaning on heavily in their on-page algorithms.
How People Read Short Articles [Original Research]

image.gif

Note how the header and the top banner are glanced over and how the side bar is almost totally ignored ...

Graybeard, Jan 19, 2018

Last edited:
Simply put: Google nor your visitors find your website useful. Furthermore, you can also get penalized for building spammy links, because if Google has detected them, then you can bet on it that it will affect your rankings negatively.

In addition to azgold, never copy content from other websites, even if you change some words. A BIG mistake I made is to download a paid template from an unknown source. It had a virus that dropped me from first positions on google when I had high rankings.
what the virus? and how can virus to drop you from google's rank?

Publish Relevant Content. Quality content is the number one driver of your search engine rankings and there is no substitute for great content.
Update Your Content Regularly.
Metadata.
Have a link-worthy site.
Use alt tags.

If your website is found to be spreading a virus or abusing referred people -- the search engines will deindex you possibly with some notification.

banners
Back