The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Backlinks from Social bookmarking

pow-wow

affiliate
Today social bookmarkings is one of the factor that will help your site increase its market. It may help both searchers and seo! For seo, this one good way to gain quality traffic and for ordinary people that they may find other people that shares same interest like themselves.
But in terms of backlinks majority of them use nofollow on their links making them virtually useless for SEO.

In your opinion - what is the SEO value of backlinks gained from bookmarking services and communities.

After "nofollow" tag i think nothings are remaining for SEO, so we can use links for traffics only, we can not hope for backlinks from that type of bookmarking sites who is using nofollow tag.

thanks.

Well,there's still a lot of argument about the effectiveness of nofollow tags so for the time being don't discount them! Also, the search engines still follow them but (apparently) they don't include them in your overall link profile. So they are still useful from an indexing point of view. There are also arguments about whether the link text still counts towards your "relevancy score".

The whole reason the nofollow tag was invented was for webmasters to a.) show the search engines that they don't have control over the content on the other end of the link and b.) to show that they haven't sold the link. So if the nofollow tag was invented purely for the linking out site then maybe the link still has some benefit to the site linked to?

All theories, but it should be enough to tell you not to think about the PR and just think about the traffic from those links.

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow or no follow, it is good for traffic and if a sale is made & u get a customer for life it is well worth it! I am talking about businesses!

Say for eg. I came to know about the seocontest2008 from someone's blog & here I am after the contest - participating in the forum & learning!
Maybe it is good for the forum , maybe it is not! But it is good for me - as I am learning a lot!

My 2c!
Correct me if I wrong!

Social bookmarking can help a new site to be indexed faster by SEs. Aside from that, social bookmarkings can also drive good traffic like digg.

After "nofollow" tag i think nothings are remaining for SEO, so we can use links for traffics only, we can not hope for backlinks from that type of bookmarking sites who is using nofollow tag.

thanks.

Not sure whay you mean by that but unless you are a PR whore, these strong "no follow" backlinks will definately help you

thanks.

Dude,

At least you are getting hits on your site that may lead to increase in traffic and in business.Doesn't it matter for you?

i does not matter that you are getting a link by social bookmarking or not. if your bookmark is written well you are sure to get visitors from here. and improving visits is also a part of Good SEO

Advertising your company and product over the internet comes in so many ways, one of those is social bookmarking. This sub process of SEO has been long used and been proven effective.

MI
Back