The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Backlinking on sites related to your niche?

Akshaysapra

So, I was just in a confusion about this for quite some time now. Should I create backlinks on sites related to my niche only or can I create them on other niche sites as well? For example:- My site is about bike tricks. So shall I now go and create backlinks on only sites related to bike tricks or shall I go and create backlinks on bike tricks sites as well as other sites in the world, like games,gadgets,cars sites etc? And if I create backlinks on other niche sites, will it downline my sites rankings in the search engine?

So, I was just in a confusion about this for quite some time now. Should I create backlinks on sites related to my niche only or can I create them on other niche sites as well? For example:- My site is about bike tricks. So shall I now go and create backlinks on only sites related to bike tricks or shall I go and create backlinks on bike tricks sites as well as other sites in the world, like games,gadgets,cars sites etc? And if I create backlinks on other niche sites, will it downline my sites rankings in the search engine?
The best way is to create backlinks on the websites that have a niche similar to yours. In so doing, you will have higher chances of that user visiting your site. But when you go and place a baclink to a website that is totally irrelevant to the one posted, people will fast easily Identify it as scam since it will just have that misplaced tag. People know that a backlink is spam if it totally different from what the site placed is doing. You can however be able to package the baclinks in a way that will help you gain those clients eve if the niche is different. Coin the words well with the link and you will find people reaching your site without even noticing,

The best way is to create backlinks on the websites that have a niche similar to yours. In so doing, you will have higher chances of that user visiting your site. But when you go and place a baclink to a website that is totally irrelevant to the one posted, people will fast easily Identify it as scam since it will just have that misplaced tag. People know that a backlink is spam if it totally different from what the site placed is doing. You can however be able to package the baclinks in a way that will help you gain those clients eve if the niche is different. Coin the words well with the link and you will find people reaching your site without even noticing,
Thank you so much for your help.
But one more thing? If I don't want people to visit my site from my backlinks and I want them to reach from google results only. So then can I place backlinks on other niche sites? I mean does google sees where your backlink is placed? And does google mark my site as spam and lowers its rankings if I place backlink on other niche sites?

But one more thing? If I don't want people to visit my site from my backlinks and I want them to reach from google results only. So then can I place backlinks on other niche sites? I mean does google sees where your backlink is placed? And does google mark my site as spam and lowers its rankings if I place backlink on other niche sites?

Hi Akshaysapra.
Can't really follow the logic you're drawing there. If you're creating backlinks to boost your rankings in google and get traffic, you're saving one step getting traffic from the backlink itself!
Regarding your question, too many of low quality links from unrelated sites can hurt your rankings but low quality backlinks (comments, forums, etc) from other sites in your niche can actually help (if you don't abuse of those, of course). So you see, it's always better to aim to create backlinks in related sites because most of the ime they will be benefical even if are placed in sites with no authority.

Hope that helps!
RF

Hi Akshaysapra.
Can't really follow the logic you're drawing there. If you're creating backlinks to boost your rankings in google and get traffic, you're saving one step getting traffic from the backlink itself!
Regarding your question, too many of low quality links from unrelated sites can hurt your rankings but low quality backlinks (comments, forums, etc) from other sites in your niche can actually help (if you don't abuse of those, of course). So you see, it's always better to aim to create backlinks in related sites because most of the ime they will be benefical even if are placed in sites with no authority.

Hope that helps!
RF

Thank you so much Randallf. Though you said you didn't get the logic I am trying to draw, still you gave the best possible answer :p
Thanks again, this was such a help. :D

I am new to SEO but as I know If you will post your articles or active in your niche site then google will count this in powerful backlink but If you create backlink on other niche then it will affect your site and google will confuse that your site is related to game or bike and ranking will be lower.
Thank You Dewlance that was helpful. :D

High PR bookmarking also valuable in order to get rank fast. This is also count as a backlink in the search engine. Relevant backlink is the most powerful stuff you know. On the other hand Gov and Edu backlink will boost you up one step more.

I am new to SEO but as I know If you will post your articles or active in your niche site then google will count this in powerful backlink but If you create backlink on other niche then it will affect your site and google will confuse that your site is related to game or bike and ranking will be lower.

Good tip, @Dewlance . Your backlinks should come from a relevant niche to be helpful to your ranking.

Google will always consider the backlinks as spam and therefore there is great need for you to be careful when you are doing the backlinks. Always make sure that in every occurrence that happens, you place the links in a very natural way. You need to engage in conversation and then link with the article on your website that talks more of what you are discussing. Get some basic working mechanism of google related to backlinks. The will help you improve your traffic more so when done in the correct way

One more tip: do blacklist on each campaign. That means that some placement will do good for some campaigns, but bad for other campaigns.
Many newbies make this mistake: they make single blacklist for all further campaigns.

MI
Back