The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Automatic content for Vbulletin

tb987

affiliate
I run a couple of Vbulletin forums and have a discovered a great little tool for automatically adding content.

Basically, you can pull in an RSS feed, but rather than just pulling in the whole lot you can set up rules. These are based on keywords rather than phrases, but still quite powerful; frequency; and the number of posts to pull in at a time.

e.g. one posts per day with the keyword Google in the title from the BBC news feed.

Pretty cool. I have created a group for vbulletin site owners

Webmaster Forums UK SEO SEM Webmaster Community Forum - UKWW - Vbulletin

Cheers,

Tony

I maintain a vbulletin as well, so i joined the group, but i have concerns about the robot poster plugins. I know that i completly ignore these kind of threads.

vBulletin is fully ultimate in power and flexibility the database server and the web server can reside on separate computers.vBulletin can be run on any system that can support PHP and MySQL.

RSS Forum Posts

Bagi,

While you may ignore them, the point is Google doesn't!

Forums score highly with Googlebots, so the ability to set up and post to forums via an RSS feed is a powerful SEO tool. We have been using a phpBB version for a few years but the parser ode is rather old and some of the more advanced code in RSS feeds occasionally crashes the feed, so we will be taking a good look at this option.

Thanks TB

MI
Back