The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

.aspx site

redsy

affiliate
I have a .aspx site am helping a friend with.

He wants to redesign the site around wordpress or just standard html

When the new site is ready

-can i just redirect in .htacess all .aspx individual pages to new url extensions? there are about 15 pages
-would it be better to keep url's just with new extensions ie mypage.aspx to mypage.html?
- using redirect 301 will it keep PR and SERP rankings for new extensions?

Thanks

-can i just redirect in .htacess all .aspx individual pages to new url extensions? there are about 15 pages ---- yes, if you need that coded up PM me if you get no joy

-would it be better to keep url's just with new extensions ie mypage.aspx to mypage.html? --- if its the site that was down for ages i would be tempted to make them .html and forever stick with that

- using redirect 301 will it keep PR and SERP rankings for new extensions? -- it will shift over but in time, your rankings will go up and down for awhile but they will return and on the next pr update the pr should shift over (normally every 3 months)

hope that helps and let me know if you need a hand

Last edited by a moderator:
-can i just redirect in .htacess all .aspx individual pages to new url extensions? there are about 15 pages ---- yes, if you need that coded up PM me if you get no joy

-would it be better to keep url's just with new extensions ie mypage.aspx to mypage.html? --- if its the site that was down for ages i would be tempted to make them .html and forever stick with that

- using redirect 301 will it keep PR and SERP rankings for new extensions? -- it will shift over but in time, your rankings will go up and down for awhile but they will return and on the next pr update the pr should shift over (normally every 3 months)

hope that helps and let me know if you need a hand

this was a different site. he used a designer in the end who just changed all his urls and disregarded old. Seems he wasnt interested in SERPS just look. My friend seems happy, doesnt seem to realise or care bout consequences to his site. Who am i to argue.

The site was hosted on microsoft office live!!! never been on their interface before though from what i saw was very un user friendly.

banners
Back