The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask me anything about Facebook Pages

Luke

Service Manager
Service Manager
FPTraffic
I have been building large Facebook Pages for a few years now and have spent a lot of time and money learning everything I can about how to make them successful.

So, if you have any questions about Facebook Pages please feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability! :)

Some Facebook Page Discussion:

Last edited:
How often do you post status?
Whats the best status copy you use that has the most interaction?

How often do you post status?
Whats the best status copy you use that has the most interaction?

I see why you asked me to do this ;)

On the majority of my Pages I post twice a day. I'll post at my peak time (when most users are online) which is usually at night. I'll also post in the morning to so I can reach my users on the other side of the world and the early birds here in the US.

On a few of my Pages where I have less content that I can post consistently I'll only post once at my peak time. This has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Photos obviously get the most engagement and reach, everyone knows that. I've found that adding a unique description to the photo can definitely help get even more engagement. I like to add special characters to my descriptions so they stand out in the user's feed. I also use this to my advantage when I am trying to draw someone's eye to a link. There's a great list of special characters here:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/spec...lt-codes-and-special-characters-/394502407994

They're also built into FPTraffic :)

Question for Luke...:)

I have a fb page for adult niche with good interaction with fans but I want to increase it...
How to do it? I mean...Which type of status or pics I should share with my fans?
I am sharing mostly pics of hot chicks...:cool:

;)!

After how many days do you up the budget on your likes?

I'll usually run my campaigns at $3/day (Optimized CPM bidding) until I see an ad with a good enough CTR to bring in Likes at a low rate. Then, I'll increase my budget. At first your cost per Like will probably go up, but it should decrease over time.

Can you list some ways of monetizing a fan page?

My two favorite sources right now are:
Teespring.com (PM me if you're interested in help getting setup there...I have a few contacts)
Amazon.com

I've been doing really well on Teespring selling shirts on my Pages. Typically you can make $5-10 per sale.

It's prime time to begin pushing Amazon products. The holidays are right around the corner. Last year my overall conversion rate tripled in November and December. I'm expecting to really blow it up this year :)

Question for Luke...:)

I have a fb page for adult niche with good interaction with fans but I want to increase it...
How to do it? I mean...Which type of status or pics I should share with my fans?
I am sharing mostly pics of hot chicks...:cool:

I don't do adult or general niches so I don't have a lot of advice, but the most important thing to remember with this type of Page is that the only way you're going to get something to go viral is if your fans are going to feel comfortable Liking and Sharing it with their family. Most people have family as friends on Facebook and they're going to think twice before sharing something that they wouldn't want their mom or grandma to know!

My two favorite sources right now are:
Teespring.com (PM me if you're interested in help getting setup there...I have a few contacts)
Amazon.com

I've been doing really well on Teespring selling shirts on my Pages. Typically you can make $5-10 per sale.

It's prime time to begin pushing Amazon products. The holidays are right around the corner. Last year my overall conversion rate tripled in November and December. I'm expecting to really blow it up this year :)

Can you please explain a bit more? I have already contacted teespring.com, and they told me that the minimum for a goal is 10 shirts. So I have to buy them and then sell them back? I do live in Spain too...

And about amazon, you post an amazon link in your fan page? Is that it?

Can you please explain a bit more? I have already contacted teespring.com, and they told me that the minimum for a goal is 10 shirts. So I have to buy them and then sell them back? I do live in Spain too...

No, you create the shirt for free - set your price and then they create a cart page for you. You take that link and show it to your users....once the minimum 10 has been ordered they make the tees and ship them out...you pay nothing, intact you can alter your margin of the sale - its sick!

Im guessing yes to your amazon question also - your cookie is stuffed but make sure you post related products to your niche.

What do you consider a good CTR?

Does your paid likes always spike in the first few days?

No, you create the shirt for free - set your price and then they create a cart page for you. You take that link and show it to your users....once the minimum 10 has been ordered they make the tees and ship them out...you pay nothing, intact you can alter your margin of the sale - its sick!

Im guessing yes to your amazon question also - your cookie is stuffed but make sure you post related products to your niche.

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried it in the UK? It gets a bit expensive when you are not in USA or Canada...

Shipping Rates | Teespring

You don't pay the shipping fees tho - but this is why you should build up geo targeted audiences - i'm just starting out with it but will report back in a few weeks!

And who pays the shipping fees? Free shipping rates? I have people from the UK, US and Canada in my fan page.

And who pays the shipping fees? Free shipping rates? I have people from the UK, US and Canada in my fan page.

The user pays. Rates in those countries won't be to high - I was enquiring even about india and it's only like $10 to ship.

I believe Teespring was already explained, but basically you need to sell 10 shirts in 3 weeks to get paid for a campaign. If you have a big audience and a good shirt this won't be a problem.

What do you consider a good CTR?

Does your paid likes always spike in the first few days?

I consider a good CTR anything that leaves me with a low oCPM and cost per Like :) I really don't have a set number I'm looking for. The cost per Like is my main metric.

I know that the user pays, this is what I meant. All around the globe, they pay $10 for shipping.

I've still had pretty good luck selling international. Shipping is high, but if you make the shirt cheaper it kind of makes up for it.

*When do you stop the paid likes?
*How much do you spend to get those paid likes?
*At what point do you start to see lots of interactions and viral posts?
*What times (US pages) do you post generally?

*When do you stop the paid likes?
*How much do you spend to get those paid likes?
*At what point do you start to see lots of interactions and viral posts?
*What times (US pages) do you post generally?

When do you stop the paid likes?
I usually will stop when I think I have enough engagement to capture my audience without advertising to reach them. For example, I have a Page I started a few weeks ago that hit 50,000 Likes yesterday. I've been spending $3/day on ads simply because I'm getting Likes for $0.02 each, but it doesn't make sense to even keep spending that $3/day because it's likely just from the viral traffic that those people will see a post and Like my Page soon anyway. If I see a decrease in engagement and new Likes I'm getting everyday I'll probably go ahead and turn the campaign back on.

How much do you spend to get those paid likes?
As little as possible. With the campaign mentioned above I spent $170 to get 8,075 Likes. As I mentioned, in total I've gotten over 50,000 Likes from the engagement cause by the 8,000 targeted users I've paid for.

At what point do you start to see lots of interactions and viral posts?
It depends on the uniqueness of your Page, the quality of your content, and the amount of interest on Facebook. With good Pages I will usually see a REALLY high engagement right away.

What times (US pages) do you post generally?
As I mentioned, I like to post at night and in the morning. Typically 12 hours apart or so. On one of my Pages I've posted at 8:00am EST everyday for over 2 years. I change up when I post at night, but usually at the most engaging time which seems to be around 7-9pm EST.

Last edited:
So great info here, exactly what I was looking for.

Some questions:

1. Do you have pages where you capture emails to build a list? If yes, do you know about that plugin that fills the user email right away, the user only has to click Submit?
2. Have you tried making pages targeting affiliate marketers?
3. If I have 3 pages and one gets banned(for ex), is there a higher chance for the other 2 to get banned as well, even if they have different content?

I'm going to add some new tweaks on CrazyCTR and I need to test them on some ads, like dashed borders in 2 colors and 30% rotated images so building some pages from that would be nice.

Thanks Luke

MI
Back