The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ask Jeeves to be sold for £970m

temi

affiliate
The internet investment firm headed by US media mogul Barry Diller is to buy web search engine Ask Jeeves for $1.85bn (£970m).
Ask Jeeves is the fifth most-queried search engine in the US and has a market value of $1.43bn, one tenth the size of Mr Diller's IAC/InterActive.

Mr Diller said Ask Jeeves "has the potential to become one of the great brands on the internet".

The deal reflects rising competition between rival internet search engines.

source/full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4367197.stm

I saw an article about this in the Wall Street Journal. Big sale! Search engine companies are "hot" in terms of financial success right now.

now if ask jeeves is worth that much, how much is google and yahoo worth?

now that would be intresting!

John said:
now if ask jeeves is worth that much, how much is google and yahoo worth?

now that would be intresting!

Billions, I'm sure. $20 billion, maybe? They handle ~ 70% of all web search queries.

temi said:
The internet investment firm headed by US media mogul Barry Diller is to buy web search engine Ask Jeeves for $1.85bn (£970m).
Ask Jeeves is the fifth most-queried search engine in the US and has a market value of $1.43bn, one tenth the size of Mr Diller's IAC/InterActive.

Mr Diller said Ask Jeeves "has the potential to become one of the great brands on the internet".

The deal reflects rising competition between rival internet search engines.

source/full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4367197.stm

I was planning on buying it but my car needs new brakes and a water pump so I won't have enough available cash.

Maybe I'll start up my own search engine called ask d00k.

MI
Back