The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Article Guides

jnstrom

affiliate
Does anyone know of a video lesson or other type of lesson for setting up an article. My content is good but my sales are poor.

If you have a good article or know of one that you can advise me on I would appreciate it.

I dont want to waste my time writing good-great articles then blow it on the part that actually makes me good money.

Thanks in advance!!! BE HAPPY:D

Jnstrom,

A "good article" in many cases is judged by the person reading its experience, right?

So, one thing that you want to consider when writing an article is exactly who your likely reader is going to be. Here's an example...

Say you are targeting a niche like ***** enlargement or something like that. Chances are good that you have a bunch of men that are insecure about the size of their equipment and just want a solution...It is my experience that they are just looking for a link to click on. In a niche like this you really want to focus on their "pain" which of course is having a small ***** and then write a strong resource box with a definite call to action and you are golden.

On the other hand....

Niches like Anxiety and such you are more likely to encounter more analytical types of customers. People that have been searching for an answer to their problem for quite some time and they really have to be convinced that you are an expert in order to get them to take the next step which is of course either clicking on the link in your resource box or clicking the "buy now" button.

I think knowing who you are writing for is one of the biggest parts of the equation that you have to consider.

Now, if you are talking about article structure, try to keep it as simple as possible until you come up with a method that you can "own" that you are comfortable with.

Opening - Introduce or "create a problem" - What you can do here right from the beginning is to let them know right off the bat that you are going to address whatever their issue is. If you are writing for a niche like the ***** enlargement that I mentioned earlier, you might write something like...

If you are concerned with the size of your *****, don't worry, you are not alone. There are thousands of men trying to find a way to increase the length and girth of their ***** every single day

Obviously you would want to expand on that a little bit, but that is the general gist.

Middle - Try to go into "story mode" a little bit - This is where you can give some information. One thing that you want to always try to do is to use numbered points or even bullet points. Not only do people like to read them, but search engines seem to like them as well for whatever reason.

Close - This is where you want to set them up for your resource box. In this part of the article, I like to again let them know that they are not alone in whatever their problem might be and that answers and solutions are available, but the most important thing for them to do is to take action.

Sorry this got a little lengthy and this definitely isn't the only way or even best way for everyone to structure an article, but it is a general guideline that I would suggest for anyone trying to find their way.

Hope it helped a little bit,

Jeremy

Hey thanks a ton Jeremy great info (not lengthy at all).

I have a question about links on ezine. I see some articles have direct links to the affiliate page. How are they doing that?:confused: I keep getting the Problem you need to take out affiliate links. So I send them to a blog that I set up. But I am sure I am missing alot of paid clicks that way.

Im also going to make a new thread to hope to find some answers.

Another really great format for Articles is the "10 list", like "Ten Ways You Can Save Gas". The main thing to remember with articles is that you have to provide answers, not "teasers" like "click here to read more". All of the answers have to be given. Ezine Articles, for example, wants you to give good content with all the answers provided within that content.

Jnstrom,

The way you "direct link" at EZA is to simply do a redirect from your own Domain.

It is actually a great way to test a niche out and to make sure that sales pages convert before you go through all the trouble of setting up your own site or Web 2.0 properties.

Here are our best article marketing threads.

Be sure to read <a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/11829-best-5-star-tips-how-posts.html#post35946">Creative Article Marketing for Product-Based Affiliate</a>. GOLDEN info!

I know that ezine has really good tutorials in helping you make the most out of your articles .. You can also check on youtube, they have videos for just about everything on there..

I am going to be blunt. You said the words...

I dont want to waste my time writing good-great articles then blow it on the part that actually makes me good money./QUOTE]

You are not wasting your time. You are learning first hand. You will do better submitting 100 bad articles than 0 good ones.

There are plenty of tutorials out there like mentioned above, but keep plugging your articles while you learn. If you learn a new trick, write your batch of articles with it, and test it.

Just keep chugging away. Article marketing is a numbers game. The more you have out there the more conduits you have to making sales.

banners
Back