The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ars*holes On Line

Robocop

affiliate
I Just spent 45 minutes on the phone listening to infuriating music waiting the so called ' technical experts' at AOL (Ars*holes Online) to solve my connection problems.

Finally got through to a guy that had problems speaking his own language, let alone mine, spent a further 5 minutes going through a security check, repeating everything three times and then got round to telling him in detail what I had already tried.

I explained (very slowly) my broadband is running very slow and disconnects every 10 or so minutes, explained all the things I had tried, including reinstalling AOL, spyware scans etc etc.

After a long pause the highly trained technical experts asked me ‘What do you think is wrong and how we can fix it’? :wallbash::wallbash:

Stop the world, I want to get off!

I Just spent 45 minutes on the phone listening to infuriating music waiting the so called ' technical experts' at AOL (Ars*holes Online) to solve my connection problems.

Finally got through to a guy that had problems speaking his own language, let alone mine, spent a further 5 minutes going through a security check, repeating everything three times and then got round to telling him in detail what I had already tried.

I explained (very slowly) my broadband is running very slow and disconnects every 10 or so minutes, explained all the things I had tried, including reinstalling AOL, spyware scans etc etc.

After a long pause the highly trained technical experts asked me ‘What do you think is wrong and how we can fix it’? :wallbash::wallbash:

Stop the world, I want to get off!

lol, Wow are people that stupid

thats what happens when you use aol!! rubbish internet and even worse support - although I called up BT support once and spoke to some woman - she told me to open up remote desktop - I dont have it on XP home - iriot!

I'm with freedom2surf - their support got back to me within a day! I emailed them.

That's not just AOL. All these companies trying to hire cheap support stuff and we (customers) have to pay for it in the long run.

I called my cable provider about the problem with connection some woman on the other end of the line suggested that problem is with my computer and I need to clear cookies from my browser.

When I explain to her (almost without cursing) that I have been working with computers and networks almost 10 years and can determine that it's not my computer, all she could do is repeat again and again "I am trying to help..."

What pi$$ed me off even more that there is no authority over all these internet providers. They can do whatever they want, take your money, slow down your connection to a crawl or drop it completely and there is no one you can complain about it.

I once called the Tiscali Support line at a premium line number and they did not have a clue what they were doing. I then had to call one of the Tiscali managers and my issue was resolved within 30 minutes.

I was asked the same stupid questions over and over again. I even mentioned that I worked in I.T and had already done the checks they were asking me to do.

I spent around 20 minutes on the line at 50p per minute :(

But the manager gave me one months refund on my internet bill :)

Last edited by a moderator:
AOL does not offer the best support but then again, I am yet to come across any ISP that does. I use BTBroadband, I had the misforune of calling their support link once, I spoke to a guy in India who does not have a clue what he is talking about :(

AOL was one of the options I got on my first computer which I bought a few years ago.

When I had problems I used the online `help desk` type thing. Or, on occasions I`d phone them, and usually got through to someone in Ireland. I got rid of AOL after I got sick of a problem arising, getting a `fix` for it, the same thing happening again, only to be told to apply the same fix, which clearly wasn`t working. And on it went.

Now, I`m using SKY, but instead of Ireland, I get someone in India, just like when I had Tiscali. Hopefully I`m over the teething problems with SKY so I won`t be talking to them for a while.

I spoke to a guy in India who does not have a clue what he is talking about

Same here with AOL the only addition to the above post is I didnt have a clue what he was talking about and he didnt have a clue what i was talking about!

I used AOL for the last 4-5 years or so...I know how it is to listen music for 45 minutes before someone bothers to pick up the phone (obviously in India)

About 6 months ago I have decided to change AOL with BT...never had any sort of problems since then so now I'm happy :)

About 6 months ago I have decided to change AOL with BT...never had any sort of problems since then so now I'm happy :)

I have used BT for many years, pray you do not have tech problem, you will end up talking to someone in India just live AOL.

First I have to agree with Robocop your description of aol is very fitting.
What pi$$ed me off even more that there is no authority over all these internet providers. They can do whatever they want, take your money, slow down your connection to a crawl or drop it completely and there is no one you can complain about it.

there is something we can do about it first of all, ISP have to comply with UK laws. you can make complaints to trading standards and ofcom and make a formal complaint in writing to your ISP.

Myself having just done that see AOL Customer Service and BB Speed forgive the link guys but I think this is relevent to the topic.

we would welcome your views and opinions, the more postings on this subject the better, time we stood together and made our opinions heard.

as indivuals they can brush us aside, together they are more likely to take notice. (well we can but hope they will)

Mike :(

May be you guys more lucky in UK...

In US the only organization that deals with ISP's is FCC (Federal communications commission). I called them and explained my situation.

The answer was that there is no regulations regarding quality of service and as long as you are connected (even 1 hour out of the day) there is nothing you can do about it.

SkinnerW, there's a niche waiting to be exploited start a US forum for IPS disatifactions... and get the law on the side of the comsumer..

and if you do it right you would not have to stay with just ISPs

Mike :)

banners
Back