The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Arghhh NVU! Best Design software???

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I've heard such raving reviews that I started using it on my
new computer so I didn't have to buy a new copy of DreamWeaver.
Plus DW bugs me sometimes.

So NVU has been doing freaky stuff to my images all day and
wont re-save my edited pages with the images in the directory they were originally in. Pulling hair out. So I join their forum and am waiting for manual approval. Then after searching for an hour I find out it's crap for publishing and buggy and they recommend not publishing directly from NVU.

I always say you get what you pay for and I know you should not expect
much from FREE software. I had just heard such raving reviews.

Now I need to go back in manually and reformat a bunch of pages I just edited and I really dont have time for crap like this. So it's back to the old PC with DW to correct the mess I just made.

Then this weekend I need to figure out what I'm going to buy.
I'm not a coder so need easy BUG-FREE WYSIWYG.

Anyone have any good recommendations besides DW and FrontPage?

I just did some quick scanning and I'm leaning toward playing it safe
and going with DreamWeaver. I have money to spend on the right solution
but no time to waste messing around with a half- baked or under-developed
program.

Forgot to mention I did just go ahead and go with DreamWeaver,
that same day in fact. Glad I did!
Dreamweaver does seem to be the editor of choice , its the only thing keeping me on the windows platform. Is there anything comparable to dreamweaver on Linux (as user friendly)

Hmm - I am not a heavy NVU user, but I never had any issues with it.

These days, if I want to simply change an offer accross an entire site, I use Notepad ++ to open every php/html document in the folder then do a find and replace on all open documents. Whole process takes about 1 minute for the entire site. Sweet!

NVU would be about the best free one.

For a pro solution you can't really go past Dreamweaver. Although I use it less and less these days as I just use Textpad, Dreamweaver can't be beaten for coding and WYSIWYG.
Well thats my opinion anyway ;)

Ive got DW to run on Linux via wine but it is just to slow compared to running it on its native windows.

Microsoft has a fairly new development for Linux called Silverlight:
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/news-press/news.aspx?key=04sep07

"Our expectations for compelling, immersive experiences on the Web are increasing daily," said Ray Ozzie, Microsoft's chief software architect. "With today's release of Silverlight 1.0, we're making it possible for developers and designers to deliver to individuals the kind of high-def experiences they crave by integrating data and services in rich and unique ways. Silverlight will further accelerate the growth in rich interactive applications by giving developers and designers new options for delivering great experiences that span the Web, PC, phone and other devices."

I've also been hearing the Microsoft's new Expression Web is pretty good -- course, that's if someone isn't a microsoft/Windows hater, I suppose...
Microsoft® Expression®

They have free trials to test run, but I haven't yet had the time to give it a go myself so am clueless other than what I've been reading about these products, all of which has been positive.

MI
Back