Are You Using Web Analytics

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Over the years I have become a data junkie and when I have the time I am looking up performance data, customer data, funnel data, if its data then I am rooting around looking at it anywhere my systems have it.

How about you guys, Are you using heatmaps, are you checking server status and tweaking all of the time, are you getting deep into your campaigns and refining your ROI's?

What kind of data flips your switch, as it were?

I use Google Analytic to see the bounce rate and traffic source based on location/region, browser, device (mobile/tablet, computer), operating system etc. The data helps me to improve my contents.

Web analytics is the process of analyzing the behavior of visitors to a Web site. The use of Web analytics is said to enable a business to attract more visitors, retain or attract new customers for goods or services, or to increase the dollar volume each customer spends.

If yоu wаnt wеb аnаlytiсs tо асtuаlly mаkе а рrоfitаblе imрасt оn yоur businеss, yоu nееd tо stаrt frоm thе bеginning with businеss оbjесtivеs.Businеss оbjесtivеs аrе а wаy fоr а соmраny tо dеfinе its gоаls аnd dirесtiоn. Gооd оbjесtivеs will tеll а соmраny hоw tо аllосаtе its rеsоurсеs bаsеd оn its strеngths, wеаknеssеs аnd орроrtunitiеs аt еvеry lеvеl, inсluding thе wеbsitе.Yоu саn’t rеаlly stаrt using wеb аnаlytiсs until yоu’vе dеtеrminеd businеss оbjесtivеs. Оthеrwisе yоu аrе just shооting in thе dаrk.

I use Google Analytics tool as it is free and provides the best results to the users. Per suppose your website traffic is drastically decreased due two any type of Google penalty of Penguin or Panda hit your website. You can see the change and take the appropriate actions without investing any dollars. Your traffic data also monitored with this free toll.

Google analytics mostly but with it you don't see exactly all of the keywords people searched for when they got to your website. There are other applications which enables this and they work pretty well but I am not using them personally. I heard great reviews on Clicky.

Over the years I have become a data junkie and when I have the time I am looking up performance data, customer data, funnel data, if its data then I am rooting around looking at it anywhere my systems have it.

Google analytics ...

How about you guys, Are you using heatmaps, are you checking server status and tweaking all of the time, are you getting deep into your campaigns and refining your ROI's?

What kind of data flips your switch, as it were?

One of the tools we use is heatmaps which helps us to tune the UI

If you're looking for website analytics software that's free, easy-to-use, private, and is NOT Google Analytics, check out Piwik:

Free Web Analytics Software

You can host the software on your own server so you're data is private, and you're not giving Google (or anyone else) access to your data. Piwik is a great alternative for those trying to add more privacy in their lives who still need analytics data from their site.

Hope this helps!

Never knew about it. Looks good and promising. Thanks for the share.

If you're looking for website analytics software that's free, easy-to-use, private, and is NOT Google Analytics, check out Piwik:

Free Web Analytics Software

You can host the software on your own server so you're data is private, and you're not giving Google (or anyone else) access to your data. Piwik is a great alternative for those trying to add more privacy in their lives who still need analytics data from their site.

Hope this helps!

banners
Back