The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Are You Using "Native Ads"?

There is a bit of controversy when it comes to native advertising because it can sometimes be deceptive in nature. although, being from a pure marketing standpoint, they do have a higher click to conversion ratio. you just have to be careful to not overdo it and mix it in the right ratio with your other content.

Didn't even try native ads to promote my business. But I've heard a lot that native ads can give you the best ROI than other advertising sources.

Didn't even try native ads to promote my business. But I've heard a lot that native ads can give you the best ROI than other advertising sources.

They are highly productive, just make sure you stay within the lines of the FTC and Canadian regulations when using this medium for marketing. It's highly effective and when done in a very sophisticated fashion, you will have multiple opportunities with the same audience.

Ok, you opened it with "Hi All Newbies" so no laughing but what exactly is a native ad?

Okay, yes I opened with, " Hi All Newbies!". In addition, and more importantly I asked, "How many of you are using Native Ads as part of your earnings funnel?".

I was trying to get a feeling for how many Newbies were trekking into native ads.

As for the definition of a native ad, well, it's like this:

Native advertising is a disguised ad which matches the form and function of the site it's displayed on. In other words, it blends in.

As defined by Sharethrough, "Native advertising is a form of paid media where the ad experience follows the natural form and function of the user experience in which it is placed."

CopyBlogger did a nice set of native ads for comparison a couple of years ago here.

Example from HubSpot here.

More from Native Advertising Works here.

There are a couple of people on here running them, and I keep being told they are the 'where its at'
I understand what they are, and am aware of some of the larger sources, but have yet to make the jump into it.

Thanks for the explanation. I think I grasp the concept, its kind of like a contextual link except instead of just being a smooth, relevant link in the content the entire content is based around the ad? With more experience it seems like a positive way to advertise.

2 years on from the start of this thread Tj :)

Native ads has become one of the top sources our affiliates use within our network.

We have lots of great nutra and health offers rocking on taboola and rev content

2 years on from the start of this thread Tj :)

Native ads has become one of the top sources our affiliates use within our network.

We have lots of great nutra and health offers rocking on taboola and rev content

Yeah man! Wow, almost two years brother. Thought it would have got more traction here. Thanks for bumping this one.

You and I still need to get together. I haven't forgotten. Just trying to muscle through everything on my plate. We'll get there!

I am about to start with them... Not sure where to deposit my money - somebody says Mgid is the best, somebody says Taboola is the best - can anybody with experience give me some hints about it? How much do you pay per click there?

Thanks

I am about to start with them... Not sure where to deposit my money - somebody says Mgid is the best, somebody says Taboola is the best - can anybody with experience give me some hints about it? How much do you pay per click there?

Thanks

They are both good. You have to experiement with them to see which, if not both, you may like.

MI
Back