Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Are Social Bookmarking Sites Dying?

D

djbaxter

Are Social Bookmarking Sites Dying?
by Daniel Scocco, Daily Blog Tips
December 27, 2010

A couple of weeks ago Technorati released the State of The Blogosphere 2010, and one part of their report that caught my attention was the traffic sources breakdown.

The report illustrated that bloggers are getting social media traffic from two websites mainly: Facebook and Twitter. All the others have been dwarfed, as you can see in the image below.

Read more...

Good article. I think social bookmarking sites are still very valuable in niche areas. I think that there has been an over saturation of social bookmarking sites over the last couple of years-- with an increase to come.

I think although Facebook and Twitter are the power houses at the moment, social bookmarking sites like Digg are still effective in increasing traffic to your content.

I guess social bookmarking isn't dying but it's not a secret that Twitter and Facebook are probably the best sources for traffic. But other social bookmarking sites can also generate traffic to your site or blog, such as stumbleupon, digg, etc.

With the last page rank update and Goolgle algorithm update Social Media has become even more powerful in SEO. Facebook, Twitter, Digg, and other site were granted the ability to pass do fall tags in certain profile sigs and other places that help link authority and popularity.

With the last page rank update and Goolgle algorithm update Social Media has become even more powerful in SEO. Facebook, Twitter, Digg, and other site were granted the ability to pass do fall tags in certain profile sigs and other places that help link authority and popularity.

:confused:

What do you mean and what are your sources for this?

it's not a secret that Twitter and Facebook are probably the best sources for traffic.

Really? What makes you think this? Are there identifiable stats that prove this as fact?

(and I do use Twitter and Facebook, but dislike them both. When I read that subject of this thread, "Are Social Bookmarking Sites Dying," the first thought that entered my head was "Yes, please, I hope so."

In the past - I have had success w/ SU. However, that isn't the case anymore.

I think social bookmarking sites are still very valuable in niche areas

Possibly. I do know if you have a political blog, you can share your pages on Digg and get noticed and probably get a decent amount of traffic. However, that depends on which side of the political spectrum you are on. The people that visit Digg are pretty progressive (Liberal) - so if you have a liberal blog, you will get attention. (not saying that is right or wrong - but that's how I see Digg)

I haven't had much luck with bookmarking sites but I've also been told you can't just link bomb it. You have to carefully cultivate interesting diggs and whatnot. The more consistent and interesting you become, the better.

It really depends on the bookmarking site itself. Yes, digg and such are basically dead, but you can get an load of traffic with some smart use of sites like reddit. It's all about the user base.

I've always had a hunch that social bookmarking was just a temporary fad. You only need 1 or 2 top ones equivalent to facebook (reddit basically), the rest of them will just fade out

I honestly do not believe that they are dying they are merely a great resource to find information from people trying to promote their sites and personally I think it is a great solution / system to do so...

banners
Back