The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone Up For The Thirty Day Challenge?

Wazzy

affiliate
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if many of you are aware of the 30 day challenge that began on Aug 1st. This is I believe the third year, and the signups this year have broken previous records.

It's totally free to join and no out of pocket expenses ever. So far it's been a lot of fun, and I've learned quite a bit about using the free resources that are available on the web.

Regardless of your marketing experience to date, I'm sure everyone that participates will come out smarter than when they started.

The goal of the challenge is for participants to make their first 10.00 online in 30 days. The dollar amount is kept low to keep contestants focused on the principles and not the results.

They are teaching using Web 2.0 and the power of networking which is very timely considering the way that the web is headed.

There's still time to catch up on all of the pre-season lessons, but if you're interested, I wouldn't put it off for too much longer. It officially kicked off on Aug.1st but there is still time to watch the videos, listen to the podcasts, and install any of the add-ons that will make things easier.

Here is the sign up link: Thirty Day Challenge

Here's the link to the blog with more info: Thirty Day Challenge Blog

Good Luck and Have Fun!
Mike

PS. If you sign up, let me know what you think of it.

Sure I signed up. I will let y'all know how it goes. Free? Sounds good to me. Actually looking forward to learning about this web 2.0 thing. I have already started a squidoo and submitted it at site review here. This challenge is just what I have been looking for. Thanks.

You'll be glad you did! I've learned quite a bit already, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Hope you have fun learning and this kicks off your internet business success.

Good Luck!
Mike

I have been on the 30DC and really am having a great time, learning stuff I never knew and I think Ed is a total crack-up. I am guitar nerd like him and could very well see myself jamming or guitar geeking with him. This is refreshing because I absolutely despise get-rich-quick schemes and uber salesmen.
Unfortunately I am behind on my days, but am moving steady and have a team. I'll get there, maybe a week behind the others, though.

Thanks for putting up this announcement. It's great to learn without having to pay for in advance. Ten dollars without putting up a dime. That's the way to go, IMHO.

I participated in Ed & Frank's 30 Day Challenge a couple years back and it was a lot of fun. Not just because you learn a lot of useful information that could be used throughout your marketing/online career, but because you can meet a lot of like-minded people and future partners. Definitely worth it, but my only suggestion is that you really stick with it if you decide to participate. You will get so much more out of it if you go in with a clear mind and steely determination.

~ Teli

FYI, one of the videos I watched was teaching affiliates to use Tumbler to get search rankings. I checked some of the pages they got ranked...

My 1st thought was COOOOL I should go tell my "Stars" about this.
My 2nd immediate thought was oh-oh these guys are going to push it too hard, ruin it for everyone and cause a crack down similar to what happened with Squidoo.

Sho'nuff! Affiliate Tumblr accounts are being deleted left and right.
Here are some blogs about it.

Sam at CostperNews just quoted Tumblr's lead developer as saying:

"I?m nuking Tumblr ?affiliate marketing? spammers by the thousands. This is surprisingly fulfilling."

Here's more commentary and a link to the 30DC forum where everyone is talking about accounts being deleted.
<a href="http://www.45n5.com/permalink/tumblr-starts-deleting-thirty-day-challenge-conten.html">Tumblr Starts Deleting Thirty Day Challenge Content</a>

I kind of had the same feeling something would go bad at Tumblr, and that's what greeted me this morning.

I don't know what percentage of the pages put up were spam, but I don't think it was a large amount. I think they were overwhelmed with traffic and really over reacted.

In a way it's a good lesson, I just hated to see the people who were playing by the rules get slapped by an over zealous webmaster.

The good news is, the majority of the members are shaking this setback off and jumping right back into the fight.

Still Having Fun!
Mike

Sooo, is Tumblr off limits?

Back again, slowly but surely getting myself in the swing. I had a real time getting my phrases, but I have done it, have been writing content for them, and am at day 16 (like I said, sloow) but I have been consistently at it.

My question: Is Tumble off limits for this sort of marketing? I am confident that my content is not spammy and has good info. I am ready willing and able to post to other places but I didn't want to deprive Tumblr of my golden words of wisdom :rolleyes: LOL.

I wonder if I might be related to the turtles on the Comcast TV ads, the Slowskys. Speed; it's not for everybody.

Don't feel too bad about your speed. I've been at it since it started, and I'm just finishing my content. I tend to over analyze. Anyway, I wasn't too concerned about finishing in time as I was about the learning process.

Tumbler isn't off limits, but everyones feeling is why waste the time. If you've got some killer content to put up, there are a lot more places you can go without the risk of getting your page shut down.

Have you checked out the 30 Day Challenge forum? Any questions you have
will get answered there. Plus a couple of people have created videos on some of the more hard to understand topics, so that should help you a lot should you get stuck.

Have a Good Time!
Mike

swampgrassmusic, I think the key is hanging in and learning the process, even if it takes longer.
I imagine a ton of people just drop out and never finish. So don't be hard on yourself.
You're still hanging in there and focused on doing it right. That's the key!

Tumblr just sounded so perfect and easy. Too bad people had to ruin it.
I have not kept up with the challenge and what they've been teaching lately
but I think Mike is right and there are probably lots of other options that are easier right now.

If things settle down at Tumblr and they get rid of the spammers, they could loosen up and it may be good again for people like you that are trying to generate good content. But I imagine right now they still have their sights set on anyone they think could be doing the 30DC or gaming the system.

They are keeping all the 30 Day Challenge material and forum up and running after the 30 days so that new people can signup and do complete the challenge at their own pace. They have some cool tricks but sadly didn't reveal the secret of their "secret sauce".

You can also watch all the videos at youtube without having to sign up.
I've posted a couple of the videos here that had good info.
So even if you just want to learn a couple new tricks.
I learned a couple new ones even. :p

Interesting

This is a much delayed response to the post but I am looking forward to the challenge starting in April. Based on what the website said, it looks like the 30-day challenge begins first of every month.:D

MI
Back