The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Anyone tried an Amazon Store?

gkd_uk

Hi

Has anyone tried or running an Amazon store?

Why did you give up and if you are running one are you doing well?

I tried before, the rates killed us so we moved over to selling through our own web store and eBay.

I have a few mostly on low traffic sites so little action, but they don't cost anything and are quick to setup so no harm ... just don't expect to make a fortune.

yeah i tried it on my spurs site and get around £10 a month in revenue from it, every little helps as they say ! im currently working on my own online store for the site though so i will no longer be using it.

To get a decent earning from amazon affiliate you have to target really small product niche that priced above $ 300. Then attract targeted visitor to that store.

Before I have an online store from amazon, but now I switch to shoppingads, it gives me more commissions than amazon because it is affiliated with ebay and prices are much lower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 Amazon stores a Video Games and a Golf Site both earn there keep and increasing revenue all the time and just about to open a Health and Beauty one.Would i add others i think the answer would be yes as they run on autopilot :thumbsup:

I actually had a little success with an Amazon store when they first launched it. I owned a comic book domain and I was being lazy if I'm honest.

I couldn't be bothered to look for an affiliate.

To my surprise it done better than I expected. I never made a massive amount of cash from it.

I guess it can be good for some things but not for others.

KP

Predominantly through back links, quality blog posts to comic blogs.

When it was first launched you never really had much control over the on-site optimisation so back links it was.

KP

I find the astore format pretty poor for converting visitors to customers,also it doesn't get much traffic on it's own, the one that does the best for me is embedded in a website.

Though I do ok from creating direct product links and placing them in text, these convert far better, and importantly they set a cookie so if the visitor is just browsing and later buys something else from amazon youearn commission on this. (Shame it's only a 24 hour cookie though!) Astore visitors can click around your store for ever, and unless they complete the shopping cart you don;t get a cookie or commission.

I'm finding ebay converting much better than amazon at the moment, and am loving setting up RSS feeds which convert real well, shame there isn't a RSS feed for amazon products!

MI
Back