The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Any one used Piwik - tracking?

Never used it, but I heard about it on a Mixergy interview. Looks legit, but I don't know/think is better than Google Analytics. There is a market for self-hosted solutions(those who don't want to have their tracking data on others servers), that's why it took of.

Never used it, but I heard about it on a Mixergy interview. Looks legit, but I don't know/think is better than Google Analytics. There is a market for self-hosted solutions(those who don't want to have their tracking data on others servers), that's why it took of.

Appreciate that thanks, yeah thats why i'm going for it just because i prefer self hosted things know idea why guess i'm a bit of a control freak o_O

I have used it and it's a great tracker. The interface might not be as clean as Google Analytics, but it's equally powerful.
Also, they have very nice apps to track you traffic for both Android and iOS.

I use Piwik on all of my sites and LOVE IT. Tons of features, information, graphics, plugins, and support for it. You get all the data you would from Google Analytics without having to hand over your data to Google. The only two problems I've run into with Piwik are:

1) Your host needs to set up stuff on their end to get Piwik working properly, so you're reliant on their technical support staff not sucking.

2) Very few people in the internet marketing have heard of or used Piwik (probably because it doesn't pay commissions). This can become problematic in situations where you need to prove your traffic stats to a potential advertiser or domain-buyer. Piwik does allow you to publicly share your traffic stats, but since nobody has heard of Piwik, they either don't trust it or don't want to be bothered learning something new. I keep StatCounter alongside Piwik on a few of my sites where I anticipate having to share traffic stats.

If you can clear these two hurdles, then using Piwik is SO WORTH IT. You really do get a ton of useful tracking information that other companies charge a bundle for, and it lets you avoid Google's prying eyes. Highly recommended.

Boss guys thanks,

I use Piwik on all of my sites and LOVE IT. Tons of features, information, graphics, plugins, and support for it. You get all the data you would from Google Analytics without having to hand over your data to Google. The only two problems I've run into with Piwik are:

1) Your host needs to set up stuff on their end to get Piwik working properly, so you're reliant on their technical support staff not sucking.

2) Very few people in the internet marketing have heard of or used Piwik (probably because it doesn't pay commissions). This can become problematic in situations where you need to prove your traffic stats to a potential advertiser or domain-buyer. Piwik does allow you to publicly share your traffic stats, but since nobody has heard of Piwik, they either don't trust it or don't want to be bothered learning something new. I keep StatCounter alongside Piwik on a few of my sites where I anticipate having to share traffic stats.

If you can clear these two hurdles, then using Piwik is SO WORTH IT. You really do get a ton of useful tracking information that other companies charge a bundle for, and it lets you avoid Google's prying eyes. Highly recommended.

Yeah i'm not worried about what people or advertisers say about my tracking system. Much appreciate your reply mate thanks.

IMO Piwik is way easier to use and more powerful than GA. As well if you do SEO and do some link-buying you won't get affected.
Boss thanks

banners
Back