The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Any one use Dotster?

temi

affiliate
I just buy a .la domain name, the registrar its register from is Dotster, I have never used them before and would not advice anyone to use them, their support is appalling, takes days to get back to you and when they did, the response was completely useless. I am looking to move my domain away from them as soon as possible.

United Kingdom, Los Angeles ! I like it! Maybe put up content on the differences in each
locales history, or the differences in people/culture/entertainment? What are you going
to put on it?

It could also be use as a short url to get to UK WW, its a mouthful of a domain name: UKWebmasterWorld :)

I got another excellent response from Dotster 'customer care' again today, exactly the same response I get each time I contact them, don't think its a human being at the other end, I said I have updated my domain name's name server but my domain is still pointing to their default sedoparking name and I got email on how to update my name server, this is the 3rd time I am getting this same thing sent to me:

Response (Ryan B) - 12/04/2007 04:20 PM
How do I update or change my name servers?

1. Log into your account
2. Click on the "My Domains" Tab

If you have many domains, you can change the view of how many would like to display per page.
Next to "View in groups of:", click on either 20 | 50 | 100

3. Check the boxes next to the domains that you would like to update
OR to select all of the domains listed on the page, click "Select All"

4. In the dropdown menu under "Step 2, Select Which Management Option You Want to Perform"
Select Modify Nameservers

5. Click "Go"
6. Type in the first server name
7. Click the "Add" button
8. Type in the second name server
9. Click the "Add" button
10. Continue until all nameservers are added

Important: You do not need to enter IP addresses, only the names of the name servers
The old name servers will automatically be deleted during this process.

11. Enter your email address where you would like your confirmation sent
12. Click "Continue"

Note: It will take about 24-72 hours for the propagation of your name servers to occur.

You better try to transfer it completely before they send you email that company is out of business...

MI
Back