The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

AMD Launches New Mobile AMD Athlon 64 Processor 4000+

C

clau

Based on the award-winning AMD64 technology, this new mobile processor enables a powerful computing experience in both 32-bit and 64-bit environments. The Mobile AMD Athlon 64 processor 4000+ also offers Enhanced Virus Protection, an advanced security feature designed to prevent the spread of certain malicious viruses.

The Mobile AMD Athlon 64 processor 4000+ for full-size notebooks is available immediately worldwide and is priced at $382 in 1,000-unit quantities.

Source: Softpedia.

I don't understang something. They sad "priced at $382 in 1,000-unit quantities". How come this?

Nice move from AMD after Intel announced they are reducing prices for their 64-bit processors.

suppliers buy 1000 of the CPUs at a cost of $382,000 each one costing $382

they then sell the individual CPUs to you directly at a cost of $450 (to make a profit) or in batches of lets say 10 cpus to smaller businesses who then try to sell them to the public for $500.

a TRICKLE DOWN SYSTEM.

Aha, Ok I got it now.

Now the only question how much is the supplier going to lower the price.

I hate AMD and would rather pay twice as much for a Pentium. Sorry to say, but my Athlon was and still is an unstable hunk of crap.

I like AMD and I prefer them to pentiums to be honest.

Pentiums are better but they're not "double the price" better in my opinion. I'd pay up to 20% more for a pentium with equal ghz as the AMD, but no more.

I just prefer stability which I've gotten through Intel. I'm not sure if it's a UK thing, but purchasing a compatibly equipped Intel product here (at least in Canada) isn't a huge leap in price.

Hello

I am a big fan of AMD, actually on my Desktop I have a AMD Duron (maybe someone will laugh) but I am very very happy with my Duron, it work perfectly from almost 2 years now.
A short time ago I have receive a Dell Latitude C600 laptop with a Intel Mobile processor. Sincerely I have been very impressed about how works a Mobile processor.
At the beginning, I was scared because when I look at the performances of the laptop in the control Panel I saw 400 MHz, knowing that my laptop is a 750 MHz. After that I understood that the Mobile processors change automatically the frequency of the processor after the software you use.

Ovi

I don't know about you Duke, but I have an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ and I am very satisfied with it. It was cheaper than an Intel, but it is working fine for me. I have no problems with it at all.

Maybe I got a bum chip or something but this thing was always an unstable POS which is why I ever considered Intel in the first place. It's also the reason why my next upgrade is still uncertain as I'm considering replacing it with a 3.46 or higher P4 or perhaps a 64 bit rig. Problem is, 64 bit is really AMD's territory atm and I'm not sure I want to dump 2 grand into another underperformer.

banners
Back